Thanks Frodo, really...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Apparently, one way or another, Frodo is convinced that he needs ALL my monies.

Yesterday, shortly after finalizing everything for his cheap (hah!!) vet behaviorist appointment (August 24th, woot!), I noticed that one of Frodo's teeth was super wiggly. Like, holding on only by some flesh wiggly. I thought it would be no big deal and would just clean fall out.

After poking and prodding more this morning I am pretty sure he is going to need to be put under and the rest of the tooth fished out of his gums...or something.

It's been about a year since our last dental surgery, guess he figured it was time for a redo >.<

At least Megan says that this shouldn't cost me as much as the last one.

Dumb dog.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
All of my pets think the same thing!

Got "promoted" at work, many more hours which means much more pay, and oh, now all 4 pets need to go to the vet, Rosey and Harley could both use blood work, and ren needs X-Rays and potentially blood work.

THANKS PETS. There goes all my monies.

ETA: oh, yah and if Ren does have a tumour, thats $100+ a month for meds for the rest of his life

Last edited:

SpringerLover

Maybe it'll just come out cleanly... we can hope, right? If not, it shouldn't be that much as it'd just be to sedate/intubate/remove the root and sew it back up. Oh, and draw for bloodwork while he's sedated... :)

I can sympathize with you!

1) Bailey's whole vulva thing has now been $400+ so far.
2) Her vet behavior appt will be $420
3) She's "overdue" for routine bloodwork and that needs to be current before her July 27th vet behavior appt.
4) Buzz's partial cruciate tear $100+ in diagnostics, $375+ in meds and rehab appointments so far.
5) Buzz now has me scared that he has cushings. He's exhibiting all the "typical" signs. That will be even more in diagnostic testing and meds.

Sometimes I wonder what I got myself in to. Ugh.

yoko

You aren't suppose to talk about money in front of your dogs. Because they always know when you want to spend it on other things!

SpringerLover

Durned dogs. But hey, now Frodo gets to be my second or third (if I get ambitious with Amber while she's here, she'll be #2)unrestrained blooddraw project... :) That makes me happy!

Durned dogs. But hey, now Frodo gets to be my second or third (if I get ambitious with Amber while she's here, she'll be #2)unrestrained blooddraw project... :) That makes me happy!
If you need a fourth blooddraw project, you're welcome to use Jack! We are working on desensitizing/acclimating to handling-for-medical-work.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Want another blood draw patient, on something other than a dog? You can have Rennie... :rofl1:

Seriously, the vet was smart yesterday and gassed him before trying to touch him.

Members online

No members online now.