I'm having BIG bunny problems.

milos_mommy

Amelia is biting. A lot. HARD.

Amelia is my almost 9 month old lionheadXdwarf rabbit. She was a very sweet baby bunny, and until about two months ago we had no problems. When I stuck my hand in her cage she bit the palm of my hand really hard. I figured she's getting older and a bit territorial, and we'd just have to be more careful approaching her.

Now whenever she's in the slightest displeased at what you're doing with her (like bringing her back to her cage) she bites, kicks, and throws a fit.

For example she climbed into my lap today, I started stroking her, but the second I restrained her in the slightest to move a bit, she sunk her teeth DEEP into my finger, then my wrist, then hopped off.

I'm thinking about getting her spayed..I don't know if this will help. She marks everything out of her cage (rubbing her chin on stuff). Is there a way I can train her to not be such a little terror? It's becoming a big problem, no one in my family will take her out except me and she's getting less time out of her cage because of it :( And my hands are literally covered in bites and scratches. I really need help.

Pam111

I'd get her spayed. I bred rabbits when I was young and it was extremely rare to have a rabbit that actually bit, but the only one I did was a territorial female. I would think spaying would help.

milos_mommy

I was planning on getting her spayed anyway, it's good to hear it might actually help.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Sounds like a hormonal rabbit to me. I got both of my females spayed in the fall. Sparrow my lionhead was very much like Amelia. But since she has been spayed she has stopped all her aggressive behavior.

Members online

No members online now.