fresh fish

Saje

Island dweller
Do some of you guys feed your dogs fresh fish. I mean, after you go fishing? Buckshot? Cuz steve caught a jackfish or something when we first moved out here and they refused to eat it. Steve said it might be because it was a 'green' fish whatever that is. We were camping and steve fried it in butted adn then they ate it lol. They'll eat anything fried :rolleyes: but we can't do that all the time. So what kinds of fresh water fish do your dogs eat?

In the lakes here we can catch... well this says it all.

Everything you've heard about our fishing spots is true. Whether you want to fight with a big northern pike, lure a humpback perch from the waters, or marvel at the beauty of a keeper-size walleye, we've got it! With 150 lakes with a short distance from Lac La Biche, Alberta Canada, the region is any anglers dream.
The fishing is fabulous in the Lac La Biche Region! With over 150 lakes within 65 km of the town of Lac La Biche, you're faced with a difficult decision on where to try for the big one. But decisions like these are fun to make. Best of all, many of the good walleye and northern pike lakes are readily accessible, yet still retain their remote outdoor wilderness character.
Anything in there my dogs would like? I think the pup would eat anything.

bubbatd

My dogs only ate raw fish when they had been lurking dead and stinky half on the beach , bloated, covered with flies and me gagging !! You may remember an old post of my Rufus and Penny catching 65 carp one spring. Just carried them up to the bank and went back for more. Went on for 2 hrs. with nary a bite !

DanL

My 3 dogs are a mixed bag when it comes to fish. Bruzer the pug eats any fish you give him. Gunnar sticks his nose up at it- the only time I got him to eat some was a leftover swordfish steak that we had grilled. I mixed it in with his pork and he ate it. Midnite will sometimes eat it and sometimes not. I have a bag of frozen whiting fillets I bought for them and Bruzer is the only one who will consistently eat it.

Staff online

Members online