Adoptd 6yr GermanShep barks when alone and pees and poops Help!

I need some advice. :confused: I adopted a 6yr old German Shepherd. He is from Germany so many of the commands he knows are in German. Besides that hes grown extremly attched in 1 weeks time. I was told that he has never needed to be crated. but he peed in the house and pooped twice. Also he won't let me know when he has to go. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 5 so I realize this is going to be some work. Another thing when we goes out he doesn't always pee. He is too busy looking for other dogs pee pee. He barks so incredibly loud when I leave the house. I want to crate him when I leave home. how can I get him not have accidents inside the crate when I do buy it. My carpet in bedroom is wrecked! :mad: His pee stained my carpet nothing gets it out. (ideas please) Hes fully trained but when I'm not here I want to be able to trust him. How long can I leave him alone before I can excpect a mess? Please help. I'm so glad I found this community! :D

emc

Dogs as well as puppies seldom soil their sleeping area, so use the crate as his sleeping quarters. The key to getting a dog housebroken is not to give him the opportunity to go where he's not suppose to, so take him out regularly to the same spot to do his stuff and crate him when you can't watch him closely. That includes crating him when your'e not home.

Puppy Poster Art
http://www.accessv.com/~email/tshirts/dg.htm

Members online

No members online now.