Bubbatd/Golden retriever people, in your opinion what should a Golden's ...

Kase

RD said:
Put the first dog's head on the second dog's body and you'd have my ideal Golden. :)

Such a gorgeous breed. A close friend of ours recently got a new Golden puppy, I'll have to post pictures of her soon.
Oooo please do :D.

doberkim

Naturally Natural
i disagree, i think the second golden has a much better front and much more chest than the top dog, which just has a pigeon chest in my mind, just covered up in fur!

overall, structurewise excluding the head the bottom dog takes it for me - better topline, better angles. the first dog toes out in front, seems to have a pretty rounded croup (low tailset?), and seems to lack in general good muscle mass and conditioning.

unfortunately the head on the second dog looks like a lab, but the rest of his body i think fits the standard better, IMO.

bigguy

Bubbatd/Golden retriever people, in your opinion what should a Golden's

This is my first post so here goes. I think both dogs are good examples of the breed. I own a golden "Cheyenne Skye" she is almost 3yrs. and resembles the first example. This is the type I bred for. I have seven pups now that will I hope will resemble both the dam and the sire. I prefer a golden Golden. Hence the name Golden Retriever. My Cheyenne has both lines English and American in her line. I like the english head and heftier frame but not fussy on the color. So i'm breeding what I consider the best of both. I see a trend though. English, Irish, Austrailian an Scandinavian all seem to be going for the white and that trend is now surfacing here in Canada. But I will always go for the gold. Just my 2 cents worth.

bubbatd

I agree !!! Though I've had all tones in my breeding .... I bred within the standard with temperment in mind. If anyone has lines back many years , it would be interesting to compare.!!

Members online

No members online now.