Dock Dogs and Herding

schaferhund

Deutscher Schaferhund
Hello all, we wanted to share some pictures with everybody of our recent activities with our German Shepherd.

The first three pics are of Ezra competing in Dock Dogs. He got 13th place out of 50 dogs. Not bad considering the sport is dominated by retrievers. The fourth pic is of Ezra competing in sheep herding. He just earned his first herding title last week, which was his JHD.

Hope you like the pics.

Mike & Patty

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wow!!!!wow Wow!!! What fun!!! What a lucky dog!!! WE want to do the dock thing too! Did you practice at at dock somewhere before you went? I asked around and they said they just pracitice on land and the dock is only for the compitition..i thought oh boy when i first read it..water and birds! Did u join a local club?

schaferhund

Deutscher Schaferhund
Oh the dock dogs is just awesome! We actually got to show up early and practice as many jumps as we wanted. It was a 3 day event. This was the first time we did it. All kinds of people with different breeds showed up, either just to try it, or to compete. It was so much fun. This is the first time they had something like this in So CA. According to the event staff it's getting big in Northern CA, that's where they're located. Your pup would have a blast. I'm not sure where your from but here is the website in case your interested. http://splashdogs.com/

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
thank you thank you and Vic says thank you so much!!!!!! He just loves the water and jumping is his calling in life! The first time i saw heard of fly ball i thought oh boy..he cn fly and catch he'll like that, but when we watched it was only a race....no jumping at all.. we will be looking forward to giving this a go this spring! Thanks again for the link!!!!

Great photos and a beautiful dog!

Now, I have some very funny pictures in my head of Shiva competing in a dock jumping competition. I KNOW she could outjump everything if food was the lure! :rolleyes: But I'm seeing the HUGE splash when she hit the water . . .

Kharma herds like a maniac; we just can't get her to stop until she has all the cows in one place, whether we want them gathered up or not. Even the bulls. Poor cows. I've really got to find someone experienced with training herd dogs around here. If you've got any advice I'm all ears!

Members online

No members online now.