The Venting Thread

Grab

We are overcrowded at work, as far as boarders go. We again have large dogs in cages rather than kennels because they don't want to turn anyone away. We have a ton of not fully vaccinated boarders (even though we make them get vaccines when they come in....even though that does nothing..) so they all have to be in cages too. Then, we get 'special' clients, who call last minute, but also aren't turned away. Because we cannot say no to them, as god forbid they take their business to another clinic...even though I know for a fact that the other clinics refuse to overbook.
We don't tell people that their giant dogs will be shoved into small cages, of course.

And, as a complete aside, where are all these people going?! And why can't I go?!

Then, my 21 yr old coworker is leaving to take a job where she'll start out making $6 more an hour than me. Depressing.

To top it off, my drama filled workplace is exceptionally annoying as it's currently 'pick on new people' season, it seems. NO ONE WILL WANT TO STAY AT A JOB IF YOU ARE AN ASS TO THEM. I do not want to be understaffed because I work with people who are behaving like jr high students. I don't like having to come in early and leave late. Already, one of the college students, who has filled in on every college break, holidays and summer for two years, is not coming back after this summer since people find it awesome to nitpick every single thing, make fun of mannerisms, etc. Embarrassing.

Saeleofu

We are overcrowded at work, as far as boarders go. We again have large dogs in cages rather than kennels because they don't want to turn anyone away. We have a ton of not fully vaccinated boarders (even though we make them get vaccines when they come in....even though that does nothing..) so they all have to be in cages too. Then, we get 'special' clients, who call last minute, but also aren't turned away. Because we cannot say no to them, as god forbid they take their business to another clinic...even though I know for a fact that the other clinics refuse to overbook.
We don't tell people that their giant dogs will be shoved into small cages, of course.
This sounds just like the clinic I work at. EXACTLY THE SAME! I refuse to board my dogs at work because I don't like how boarding is handled...it makes it hard to recommend boarding to people, or even be okay with them dropping their dogs off, if you don't trust the place yourself.

Grab

This sounds just like the clinic I work at. EXACTLY THE SAME! I refuse to board my dogs at work because I don't like how boarding is handled...it makes it hard to recommend boarding to people, or even be okay with them dropping their dogs off, if you don't trust the place yourself.
We don't go away a ton (plane tickets for three is expensive), but for years we have refused to travel on/around holidays due to the boarding situation. If I'm paying for "large dog boarding", I'm not having my dog stuck in a small cage.

RD

Are you dead yet?
We had some ugly thunderstorms last night while I was at work, and I was about to clock out early and get in trouble so I could walk home in the rain and check on my increasingly thunderphobic dog. I was terrified that she'd be beside herself, possibly destructive and at the very least incredibly difficult for my roommate to tolerate.

Lucky texts me just as I'm about on the verge of tears, "How do you pet Eve to calm her down again?" I'd shown him before how I run one finger up the bridge of her nose and let it rest on her forehead, it's some little zen thing that works for her. He stayed up all night and watched her for me.

This is a vent because I so wish I could hate him, but then he does crap like this and is such a good friend to me and a good second mom to Eve.

Also a vent because I DON'T KNOW WHY THE HELL MY DOG IS AFRAID OF THUNDER NOW.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
It's been a long week! :( I've been working really long hours and I'm just exhausted, and I've had this awful headache for two days, and I don't want to go in to work!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Supposedly we have a big storm coming? I heard it was supposed to come last night, but no storm. Now they are saying its close, but skies are blue right now. I hope there isn't a storm because I have to walk dogs at work, but we will see if this stupid storm hits us.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
As soon as I post that it is still blue skies outside I look back outside and see wind blowing trees. Hubby literally just called me to tell me it's really bad where he is. He is working over by my work.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Looks like round 1 coming in. Now on top of severe thunderstorms and flash flood warnings they are talking about possible tornadoes this afternoon if things go the way they are predicting.

Yeah, same here :( I couldn't smell it at work (downtown Denver) but I got home and it just... smells like fire.
We went to the VA clinic yesterday and it started there, by the time we got home it had spread up to us. I couldn't breathe all day yesterday and now I'm on my way to work with a hoarse voice and a nasty sounding cough. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We were supposed to get all the major storms here last night... we didn't even get any rain. I didn't water my grass because I figured it was going to rain. I'll have to water everything really good tonight after the gym because we're unlikely to get any rain until maybe next week. Blah.

ETA: Also I've got a migraine brewing. C'mon weather. If you're going to roll through and give me a migraine the LEAST you could do is dump some water on my baby grass.

Last edited:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
First day back at work and three deliveries happen within 45 minutes and 3 hours before another staff member is arriving. Luckily she can come in a bit earlier but jeeze.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I feel so sick! :,( I hope I feel better tomorrow cause I'm scheduled for a 9 hour day. Not looking forward to 9 hours with little kids while having a splitting headache and nausea. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I had another radio dream last night. I don't like radio dreams. They tend to leave me in a foul mood, even if nothing bad happens in the dream. Which is odd since I do actually miss working in radio on a near daily basis. Maybe because my memories of working in radio that make me miss it are coloured by fantasy and a strange longing for the familiar, and the dreams are more like the reality of working there which blows donkey balls.

Right now I'm posting videos to my current company's Google+ page. Somebody else shot and edited these videos. They aren't old, but they look and feel like 80's videos. Or those terrible "What is sexual harassment??" films you watch when you get hired somewhere. They're just bad. One of them had a glaring typo in a title shot. If I could just get a solid week to do NOTHING but work on the videos I could refresh all of these and make them not so lame and terrible, but there's no way I can get that much focus time...

Anyway, as I'm posting them, I have to come up with a comment about each of them. And even though they are different machines and different speeds of memory, they are pretty much all the same. So I'm having to come up with a new way to say the exact same thing. Fifteen times.
Good news: I learned how to do just that writing ads and reading liners in radio.
Bad news: I learned how to do just that in radio.

Unpleasant memories on top of mind-numbing work. Why is it not 5pm yet? I want to get out of here and go to the gym please.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Just wanted to say that Beanie's comment about donkey balls had me cracking up, and my family is looking at me like I'm a crazy person. XDD

Staff online

Members online