Who doesn't like salad?

Lyzelle

I enjoy salads as a snack, but I can't take them seriously as a meal. And salads with meat in them is gross to me. Hot chicken/cold veggies and dressing creep me out majorly. I also can't stand cold PB. Or cold syrup on hot pancakes. Nope. Instant hurl.

But I do like getting creative with salads. I typically just pick up whatever looks decent in the produce section what whatever is in season. I'll eat iceberg lettuce plain...LOL. But my base in salads is usually spinach. Veggies are all over the place, just whatever looks good. My stable side is usually cottage cheese and a pickle.

Dressing....I used to love Italian. Used to really, really, LOVE the Toasted Asian Sesame one. And I found a great Olive Oil, Basil, and Feta Cheese one that's great too. But now I don't do dressing anymore. I can't find one that is Primal friendly(they all have soybean oil), so I make my own with some spices, olive oil and some type of vinegar.

I also like potato salad, tuna salad, fruit salad....just about most types of salad, as long as their texture is consistent. No hot/cold or heavy/light combos. No. Never.

Locke

I love most salads. Some of my favourites are baby spinach, strawberries, blue berries and tomatoes with a balsamic vinaigrette. Romaine lettuce with cucumber, tomatoes, feta and chicken breast with a dijon/white wine vinegar dressing, or greek dressing. Chickpeas with celery, cheese and greek dressing is yummy too.

In the summer, one of my favourite salads is cubed watermelon, feta cheese with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.

thehoundgirl

Caesar salad is my favorite! :D I don't do anything special to it, lol. I usually get it at resturaunts. I love raw spinach leaves in salad, too. I prefer that over iceberg lettuce. A nice garden salad is good, too. I like to put sunflower seeds in salads sometimes, too.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Mine are rarely the same way twice, lol.

One rule: NO ICEBERG LETTUCE.
I totally agree with this!

Other than that I love salads...I enjoy adding nuts to mine. Like toasted almonds, spinach, dried cranberries, goat cheese crumbles with a nice raspberry vinagerette *Yum*.

There is so many things and variations you can try...no salad has to be the same twice :cool:

Doberluv

Yep, if you have lots of choices for ingredients, salads don't have to be exactly the same. I also like mixing veggies, something tart...balsamic vinegar say, something a little sharp, like onions... and then adding a cut up apple or some berries... something else on the sweet side. Some feta or crumbled blue cheese is really yummy too.

Some of your ideas remind me of things. Some great sounding combos.

How about a Waldorf salad? I forget to make these things. That's a good one too!

i love salads. mine are never fancy lol lettuce (normally a spring mix type. no iceberg blag) carrots, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, green and red peppers and chicken. with some type of vinigerette normally roasted red pepper. i hate thosy creamy kinds of dressing, unless its ceaser on a ceaser salad.

JacksonsMom

If it has lettuce in it, yes.
I also don't like "pasta salad" or "chicken salad" or even "potato salad" because I generally don't enjoy cold foods, and there's also a texture issue involved with a lot of 'em. My mom makes chicken salad and just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

So... yup... I do believe I hate every kind of salad!
Ugh, this is me. I can't stand ANY kind of salad. I'm a texture person all the way though. I won't even raw veggies, only cooked or mushy (like in soup, or mixed with roast beef, or something of the sorts).

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh I love salad. Probably my favorite is a dinner salad that I make, with pecan crusted chicken sliced over baby greens and baby spinach. I add finely chopped red onion, shallots, feta cheese, olives of any kind if I have them, cherry or grape tomatoes, and a light honey mustard vinaigrette. It's so good, really filling and even people who usually don't like salad seem to like this.

Eating low-carb, I find that any protein that I used to enjoy on a sandwich, i can also enjoy on a salad! If I used to eat a lunch meat sandwich, now I just make a chef salad! Less than 20 carbs for a big salad and with an oil/vinegar dressing, they're very low in calories too.

Waldorf salads are DELICIOUS! I also really like a fresh salad with a yogurt-based dressing because I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise. I use a base of crispy lettuce (my mom uses iceberg but I use romaine hearts), apple chunks, walnuts and either sweet baby carrots or celery. This is actually a breakfast I really liked before I had to cut back on it due to the carb content.

Michiyo-Fir

I usually eat a salad for dinner. Any kind as long as it doesn't have onions, sometimes without any dressing. I eat HUGE salads, like most of a 1 lb bag... for one meal...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I loooove salad. I could eat salad for most meals. So many options and so many flavors.

I definitely follow the no iceberg lettuce rule.

Today my salad at lunch had peppers, roasted mushrooms, carrots, peas, lentils, asparagus, green beans, salmon, and spicy thai dressing. It was awesome.

YUM!!! I love salads. I often make my own salads with lettuce, croutons, red cabbage, snow peas and oregano. I use different dressings depending on my mood. I love raw veggies and fruits but hate them cooked. The texture of cooked fruits and veggies is gross. The one exception is corn on the cob which I like. Anyone else like pea pods fresh from the garden? They are my favorite snack.

Paige

Let it be
I love salad. I will put anything and everything in one. Whatever veggies, fruit and nuts I buy at the store go in them.

Doberluv

Love fresh raw peas but don't eat them much anymore since they're one of those high carb/sugar content veggies :(
I would never be that restrictive! If I loved peas and I do like them, I would have them sometimes at least. I'm 57 years old and I'll be dammed (misspelled on purpose) if I am going to ruin the rest of my life by not eating peas evAr! :rofl1:

I like salad. I LOVE pasta, potato, and chicken salad but I also like regular lettuce salads, I like ice burg but romaine, spinach, or mixed greens are best. I only like creamy dressings or the ginger kind you get at a hibachi grill. I like lots of veggies in my salad.

I would never be that restrictive! If I loved peas and I do like them, I would have them sometimes at least. I'm 57 years old and I'll be dammed (misspelled on purpose) if I am going to ruin the rest of my life by not eating peas evAr! :rofl1:
Hell, I would never totally restrict myself from ANYTHING. I certainly wouldn't limit my consumption of any vegetable except maybe white potatoes. I eat "empty-calorie" foods much MUCH less often now, but I still eat chocolate chip cookies on a fairly regular basis (less than weekly but probably monthly). lol That said, I am not interested in low carb dieting in the least.

Paige

Let it be
I always find it interesting to hear people say they don't find salad filling. I don't find it filling in the way I'd find something heavier but it certain can take away hunger. Are you guys just super hungry after you eat one or just don't have a really full feeling?

Members online

No members online now.