Preacher killed by his own dogs

Xandra

Stray dogs came into a pen of 17 loose pit bulls (which is weird in and of itself), killed the guy and then left?

It should be fairly easy to tell if it was a mountain lion.

Maybe he had a heart attack or something and the dogs bit him then. Regardless of why, Occam's razor... he's in a pen full of loose dogs, those dogs are probably the ones responsible for the bites.

milos_mommy

I'm assuming they'll find the cause of death to be something like a heart attack, stroke, etc....they don't really specify what the "severe" bites are like.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Almost every time this happens it turns out that the person died of some natural cause and the dogs either freaked out, or the "severe" bites were more either nipping or attempts to drag the person somewhere (i.e. the dogs were trying to help). I just hope that the dogs are allowed to live until the autopsy is performed.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Almost every time this happens it turns out that the person died of some natural cause and the dogs either freaked out, or the "severe" bites were more either nipping or attempts to drag the person somewhere (i.e. the dogs were trying to help). I just hope that the dogs are allowed to live until the autopsy is performed.
Yeah, I remember the guy who was supposedly "mauled" and killed by the bullmastiffs he was the caretaker for, and it turned out he had a stroke or something and died before anybody chewed on him.

It sounds like the police don't want to get involved with this, and his son seems willing to step in and care for them.

milos_mommy

It happened with a rottie in ohio a few months ago...Woman had a heart attack and died of hypothermia. Turned out the "fatal bite wounds" were bruises from the dog trying to drag her in the house. The dog was either put down or shot (I can't remember which) before the medical examiner got to give the cops a piece of his mind, unfortunately.

milos_mommy

Wanted to add...the guy was 84!! It's not exactly unlikely he died of natural causes. I really hope we get an update on what actually happens.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
84 with 17 dogs. shakes head and sighs. I just don't understand. Yes he probably died of natural causes and that was the result.

Dogs cant' be seized because the county doesn't' have the resources? So what happens to the dogs?

Maura

I remember the story of the old woman. Her rottie was 8 years old and had never attacked her before. Her family, who was staying the night, were the ones that insisted the dog had attacked her.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
OMG! That pastor has the same name as my pastor!

That freaked me out for a bit~!

Members online

No members online now.