The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oooo I hate places that say they will be willing to exchange/return stuff but say it cant be opened ... well if i dont try it, or whatever how in the hell am I supposed to know if whatever it is will work for me or not??? I don't understand stores sometimes.

edit: Just found out that there is a good chance I am going to have to go to Houston in March boo hiss... I HATE Houston :doh:

Last edited:

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I am the most indecisive person ever. And it is driving me crazy.

I want a nice camera. Decided on the Canon Rebel T3 last week. I can't seem to pull the tigger. I keep going over so many reviews, price quotes, image quality tests...

I should just get it right? Just DO it. But that seems to be utterly impossible.
I'm not sure how prices compare or where you're planning to buy from, but we spotted a T3 on Walmart's clearance table while aimlessly browsing around last night.

Lyzelle

If it helps why not make sure the place you buy it from will exchange it if it has been opened and buy on a day you can spend lots of time playing with it to quickly decide if it's what you were hoping for. Worse thing that happens is you have to return it.
I'm not sure how prices compare or where you're planning to buy from, but we spotted a T3 on Walmart's clearance table while aimlessly browsing around last night.
I'm looking mostly at Adorama, between used and refurbished. It's the lowest prices I'm seeing besides Ebay. I'm too wary of Ebay. Right now I'm debating between the Canon Rebel T3 or the Nikon D3100 for just a bit more. Adorama does accept returns/refunds though, within a 90 day period.

This is sorta driving me crazy.

GipsyQueen

If I hadn't looked outside, I would think we have 5 feet of snow. We have like 5 inches. None the less, We have no internet, no phone and SO and I are stuck at home because the roads are WAY to icy to drive on (people are ice skating... on the road.), the busses aren't running and the trams power lines are frozen over.

Oh Germany. How you can not manage winter weather. :rofl1:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I am going to kill my cat if he doesn't start eating his food. Seriously, cat! Have you not heard of hepatic lipidosis!! Eat your d@mn food!!! Before I fill up a syringe with it and shove it down your throat.

It's not even a "I'm sick and am not eating for a reason" kind of thing. It's a "waaahhh I'm a whiny jerk and just don't want to eat this stuff anymore" kind of thing. Because he has no problem getting up on the counter and knocking over the containers of dog food, hoping that some kibble falls out. But then if he eats that, he throws up.

Jerk face.

chaospony

Me three. It's -22 out there and I have to walk to work. Longest 20 minutes ever!

Plus we might be getting our licensing inspection today which makes the boss extra loopy. If not it will be later in the week, which means a whole week of
-20 Something weather and a keyed up near hysterical boss.
Woe is me.

Lyzelle,
You could check out DPReview. It's a site frequented by camera buffs. You can sometimes pick up some pretty great deals in the classified section. People there upgrade like crazy and often have some barely used stuff.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am SWAMPED looking at resumes. Right now, I'm narrowing down resumes to figure out interviews for a position we're hiring. It's a receptionist/admin position, and most have NOTHING to do with it. I seriously spit my coffee when I read this line on one of them:

l Cashiered with two cash registers at once in tandem to maximize customer flow.
I'm just picturing it, and it's the most hilarious thing ever.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am SWAMPED looking at resumes. Right now, I'm narrowing down resumes to figure out interviews for a position we're hiring. It's a receptionist/admin position, and most have NOTHING to do with it. I seriously spit my coffee when I read this line on one of them:

I'm just picturing it, and it's the most hilarious thing ever.
It's not the easiest thing to do either lol. At least you know she can multi task :) good quality for a receptionist.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My EFFING bank.
Terrible.

I just had a shouting match at a lady who finally asked if I wanted to speak to somebody else. I told her I wanted to speak to her supervisor.
Turns out she transferred me to her CO-WORKER and not her super.

Worst. customer service. ever.

Goodbye bank. Hello Chase.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My EFFING bank.
Terrible.

I just had a shouting match at a lady who finally asked if I wanted to speak to somebody else. I told her I wanted to speak to her supervisor.
Turns out she transferred me to her CO-WORKER and not her super.

Worst. customer service. ever.

Goodbye bank. Hello Chase.
OH man that would infuriate me lol. If there is one thing I can't handle it's bad customer service.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
My step dad keeps taking the recycling. It's how I get gas money and I'm the one who barely gets 25 hours a week at work while he works full time. He claims he needs it for his spending money...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OH man that would infuriate me lol. If there is one thing I can't handle it's bad customer service.
I was so mad I was shaking. It's really just the cherry on top that the head of the checking department LIED to me and gave me to her "supervisor" who turned out to actually be an employee BENEATH her. Her supervisor, as it turns out, is gone for the day (and apparently nobody knows when she will be in) - you could just TELL me that. LYING is not the appropriate way to handle this.

I have just had it with them. I called to try and get my mortgage through them and got horrible customer service, the guy didn't even seem that interested in working with me to get me a mortgage. So fine, I took my mortgage business to another bank. And now this? They told me when I opened my account that I got free checks as long as I ordered through them - they weren't free if I wanted to get pretty printed checks elsewhere. So I've always ordered my checks through them, but of course with a debit card I never use checks. So I just ordered checks again... and they charged me $20 and insisted I don't get free checks.

Look, they could have just refunded the $20 and kept me as a customer. Instead they were like "Nope, you're dumb, it's NEVER been that way." YES IT HAS. WTF.

So instead of keeping me as a customer when I've had an account with them SINCE I WAS A BABY... they wouldn't refund the $20, and now I'm taking all my money and going home.
Jerks.

*flips table*

Members online