Weirdest Breed Guesses?

milos_mommy

One time I was out with a friend and he pointed out a dog and said "that's a rottweiler, right?"

The dog was probably about 35 lbs and pale brindle...I'm assuming some kind of pit bull/boston mix? Looked a little bit like EddieQ's Xena, but with a broader face and floppy ears. I was just like "uhhh....nope."

I also had someone bring their "goldendoodle" into day care. I'm sure they paid a good $2000-$3000 for this "designer hypoallergenic breed". I'm 99% sure that dog was mostly border collie. Red and white, border collie coat and body type, face, personality. Not a purebred and I guess there's a (slim) chance she was some sort of weird goldendoodle throwback.

People around here sell mixes as purebreds for ridiculous money all the time...and what's more, a breeder of X breed will hear about someone looking for a totally different breed and tell the person they breed it, just to make money. And an unfortunate amount of people are stupid enough to believe they're just buying one with a rare coat color or teacup or mini or king sized when the dog breeds aren't even in the same family.

It shocks me how many people have no idea what kind of dog they actually have.

Members online