My growing girl

Hi all, just wanted to share this pic of my pregnant girl she is due on the 18th of Aug

Here she is at 20 days pregnant, not looking much different.

Here she is at 43 days preganant, :eek: buddah belly

just thaught it would be interesting to show how quickly they grow

bubbatd

I hope you have her whelping box ready !! Do you the book " How To Raise A Puppy You Can Live With " ????????? Very important reading for a breeder !

bubbatd said:
I hope you have her whelping box ready !! Do you the book " How To Raise A Puppy You Can Live With " ????????? Very important reading for a breeder !
Not yet i dont set it up untill two weeks before the due date, and nope i've never heard of that book

bubbatd

Gallien...it's by Rutherford and Neil...now in it's 3rd or 4th edition. I wore mine out as a breeder. They've got good used ones on Amazon.com. I am very serious when I say it's a must have for the sake of the pups. I didn't get it until 1981 ( after I had already been a breeder for many years ) and learned a TON!!

bubbatd said:
Gallien...it's by Rutherford and Neil...now in it's 3rd or 4th edition. I wore mine out as a breeder. They've got good used ones on Amazon.com. I am very serious when I say it's a must have for the sake of the pups. I didn't get it until 1981 ( after I had already been a breeder for many years ) and learned a TON!!
I have just had a quick look through one on line, forgive me but it seems pretty advarage

EliNHunter

Gallien Jacks said:
I have just had a quick look through one on line, forgive me but it seems pretty advarage
You might already have the knowledge of what the book touts. Like, when they should go to their new homes; how you should socialize them before they go to their new homes; what the new owners should do when they get their pup home, etc. Bubbatd would give a copy of the book with every new pup owner...

bubbatd

I guess you don't care ......I was just trying to pass on my years of breeding knowledge to you..... guess you already know what to do at 22 to 28 days old .... the most important time in a puppy's life. Good luck !

Ash47

Taco Dog
The books are only around 4$ on Amazon. I am going to get me a copy myself, because there are many things I have to learn while Roxy is still growing into her own.

bubbatd

Good for you !!!! Let me know what you think of it .....what really got me when I first got it ,was a weekly thingy that said " if you don't do thus and thus during this week you are a bad breeder !!!" Boy, did I hone in on that and learned.!!! It's small $$$$ well spent ! A hug from Grammy for wanting to learn.

bubbatd said:
I guess you don't care ......I was just trying to pass on my years of breeding knowledge to you..... guess you already know what to do at 22 to 28 days old .... the most important time in a puppy's life. Good luck !
Now come on that's a bit harsh! I do care but I have different books of my own ones specific to my breed, and a puppy rearing book, just because I don't wish to buy the book you have doesn't mean anything, you are jumping to conclusions!

bubbatd

Sorry I growled at you !! Yes, I had a lot of books too, but found this the best for the specific issues of each weekly developement.

S

stirder

hey grammy, just got my copy of "how to raise a puppy you can live with" in the mail. 3rd addition. ordered it a few weeks ago, after you suggested it.

bubbatd said:
Sorry I growled at you !! Yes, I had a lot of books too, but found this the best for the specific issues of each weekly developement.
Thats ok no hard feelings Also i'm in the UK so I would have to have one shipped

bubbatd

Stirder ....Let us know what you think of it ( in the eyes of a breeder or new owner )

S

stirder

well, atleast at this point in my life I have no intention of breeding dogs, that could change I suppose at any time though. but for now, if I learn even 1 thing about breeding that will help me pick a breeder in the future (sure rory wont be my last puppy). I imagine though, I will learn a lot of things I didnt know and quite a few new ways to do things I already know how to do. no matter what I am sure I will enjoy it a lot. will deffinetly let you know, and will probably have a few questions to ask you guys as I read.

showpug

While we are on the subject of books and breeding, I would like to recommend the book "Breeding a Litter" by Beth J. Finder Harris. This book goes into great detail and depth on everything!!! :)

Adrienne

Awww, she looks like I felt when I was preggo! I hope the whelping goes well for you both with lots of healthy little pups.

Adrienne said:
Awww, she looks like I felt when I was preggo! I hope the whelping goes well for you both with lots of healthy little pups.
Thanks her pups have been kicking like mad today, poor girl lol

Members online

No members online now.