For those who rotate kibble...

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
What brands and flavors do you use?

I've been rotating Bloo and Em since we moved out, and now continuing to do it with all of the dogs now that we're back. They've been on the original Wellness CORE, I just picked up a bag of Merrick's Buffalo and Sweet Potato today.

For the dog, my Amazon subscribe and saves are:

May
Wellness Limited Ingredient Diet for Dogs with Food Sensitivities Simple Food Solutions, Salmon and Potato Dry Formula
Wellness Canned Dog Food for Adult Dogs, 95-Percent Turkey

June
Wellness CORE Ocean Formula Dry Dog
Merrick Grain Free Real Chicken Dog Food

July
Wellness CORE Original Formula Dry Dog
Wellness Simple Canned Duck and Oatmeal Formula

August
Instinct Grain-Free Lamb Meal Formula Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food by Nature's Variety
Wellness Super5Mix, Duck and Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'll pretty much do anything if I like the looks of it and can afford it. We went from Go to Nutrisca to Natures Variety and next will probably be Fromm. Or maybe raw!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
-All the fromm grain free (Surf & Turf, Venison, etc..)
- Any taste of the wild
- Any natural balance
- Any wellness core

...we work at a pet store he eats anything grain free really

Toller_08

In the past 6 months the Dobermans have had:

- Acana Pacifica
- Acana Grasslands
- Orijen Six Fish
- Horizon Pulsar fish
- Nature's Domain fish
- Now! (what they are currently eating)
- Go! Salmon
- Go! Turkey
- Nature's Variety Rabbit
- Nature's Variety Raw Boost Venison (when I worked at a pet food store and still got an amazing discount)
- Orijen Regional Red

They stick with mostly fish because they need a lot of fish in their diet to thrive, but I like to throw in a bag of non-fish here and there as for whatever reason I don't feel like exclusively fish is the best option. But I can't keep them off of fish for more than a couple of weeks or else their skin gets bad again, even with using oils.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Earthborn Holistics, Natures Variety Instinct, Annamaet. All grain free. We just finished a bag of Coastal Catch (EH), Rabbit Formula (NVI), and Salcha (AM). Currently we are on Primitive Natural, Salmon Formula, and Manitok.

I tried Merrick gf, but I pretty much stick to those three brands. I like Annamaet the best out of all of them, tbh.

Dagwall

I'm currently rotating between Fromm formulas and will likely go back to some taste of the wild formulas or Earthborn which I've fed previously and done well with. I only feed one kibble meal a day, the other is raw.

SpringerLover

Right now I have open bags of Canine Caviar duck and Nature's Variety Instinct chicken. Recently we've had Merrick, Earthborn, Fromm, and Nutrisource. I'd like to try Canidae if it wasn't so darn expensive.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
In the last few months, my crew has had:

- Fromm Gold Adult
- Fromm Chicken Ala Veg
- Acana Wild Prairie Grain Free
- Go! Fit and Free Adult
- California Natural Grain Free Chicken
- Farmina Ancestral Grain Chicken and Pomegranate

I don't rotate on a schedule, it's all pretty random (perks of working at a pet food store!). I'll feed any of the proteins/formulas, but we do try to stick with the grain-free varieties.

Orijen/Acana, Fromm, California Natural/Innova/EVO, Holistic Select, Canine Caviar, Nature's Logic, Precise, Earthborn Holistic, Lotus, NutriSource/PureVita/Natural Planet, Go/Now, and Nutrisca.

There are definitely other brands that I would feel comfortable feeding, but these are the ones that I can get through work, so...yeah.

I'm feeding Now Adult currently. In the "dog food cupboard", I have NutriSource Heartland Select, Nature's Logic Sardine, Lotus Duck, Canine Caviar Herring, Orijen 6 Fish, and Earthborn Meadow Feast, so we'll be rotating through those.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I normally rotate through Wellness CORE Original, Earthborne, and 4Health. My dogs started doing crappy on 4Health, so I cut that out and substituted in Canidae. Rider got pretty sick on the first week of switch, so I discontinued that after the bag finished out. I finally found Fromm Gold Adult locally and really, really like how they are doing that so I put a stop to the rotations for the past two bags. They are due for food again in a few days, and I can't decide what I want to do... We have Go! and Now! available locally, but it's pretty pricey.

Harlow got a minor UTI on Merrick. TOTW gave her a big one a few years ago. Rider's been very itchy on Earthborne, but that may have been because of the winter. Harlow shed a ton more on Earthborne, and I didn't like her coat quality.

I like the idea of rotating brands, but I'm now in a pickle because I don't want to go back to a food they don't do as well on... Acana is EXTREMELY expensive around here, and that was the only food I was equally as pleased with.

krissy

I would LIKE to rotate kibbles but I've had major issues with Kili. She'll chow down as quickly as Summit for a few weeks and then for a few weeks I can barely get her to eat. And a lot of times she really only wants to eat the one kibble. Summit's GI doesn't seem to tolerate any other kibble except the one he's on... which is strange because he's got an iron gut for all sorts of treats and table scraps. But change his kibble, no matter how slowly, and he gets diarrhea.

Summit - Hill's J/D
Kili - Hill's J/D, Acana Sport and Agility, Nutrience Oceanfish.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
They are eating 2 kinds of Fromm currently. Rotate between Fromm, Go!/Now!, Acana/Orijen, Oven-Baked Traditions (though, I'm not sure I'll ever actually buy this food. I had a ton that was donated, and just recentlyish finished it all), and some food from PetSmart that I can't currently think of, but is grain-free/high protein. Basically just add that is filler, because anything cheap to make food last longer :lol-sign:

Basically, anything grain-free, they can eat. Now that I don't have to worry about allergies, they can eat most any brand.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't.... think too much about it. I just grab whatever I see that I like. Right now we're working through Annamaet Lean and Fromm Family something or other. Next up is DrTim's Momentum because I already bought it. After that who knows.

I've used Acana and also even Purina One Beyond. And everything in between. May try Farmina next or go back to Acana.

I feed grain inclusive or grain free. Doesn't seem to matter. I try to stick to low to mid 30s for protein. I also feed raw and some canned. Today they ate raw for their meal and then Wellness canned salmon this evening.

So yeah....no rhyme or reason at all.

Last edited:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo right now has Great Life Bison, Cal Nat Pork and Sweet Potatoes, and Canidae Pure Sea. I get each meal from a different bag because reasons.

Siri eats all the above, but mainly right now she is on Nature's Variety Boost Duck and Turkey. She also eats a lot of Fromm.

There's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to what I feed, other than staying within Frodo's allergies for him.

JacksonsMom

We're doing Farmina now. Probably stick to this brand as I'm so happy with it and rotate through flavors. I have used a lot of foods in the past but I don't necessarily rotate to rotate, ya know? Like we fed Acana for a good 2 years. I mean we did rotate flavors within the brand. But once I find something he does well on, I don't necessarily see a reason to switch between brands so much.

Members online

No members online now.