Missed the BEST picture... so sad.

Inga

So today I took the boys deer hunting in the woods. They would never actually kill a deer, nor would I. We just like to see and chase them and have a good time. Well, about a hour or so into our walk I was getting sick of carrying my camera. I had already gotten plenty of shots of the dogs skirting around trying to scare up something to chase, so I put my camera away. I swear it wasn't 3 minutes after that we headed up the edge of the woods and wouldn't you know less then 10 feet in front of the dogs 5 big white tail deer come charging out of the woods, snort and run across the field. I grabbed for my camera and then remembered it was put away. Then as the dogs are hot on pursuit I let them go for a few minutes and whistle them back. They turned back ASAP, Thank God but I was so sad that I missed that great shot. :mad: :(
I really need to bet an easier to carry camera. I hate that my camera is so bulky and I tend to miss shots because I don't want to carry it around with me. I just wish I could have gotten that shot. I don't know who looked more surprised the deer or my dogs or me? LOL
It was a good time anyway and I got a few shots.... here they are.

come on Oliver, I think I smell something.

I am coming, I am coming, I have a bad leg remember?

Inga

Quit screwing around, do you have something or don't you?

Over there in the field, can't you smell them, Oliver?

CHARGE!!!

Dang! I thought I had them that time.

Inga

Alright, let's go ya punk.

Next time...

Yeah, I will get em next time.

Thanks for looking. :)

Inga

LOL yeah, my old guy isn't even 4 years old yet. He is the worst bred Rottie I have ever owned but when they brought that little messed up puppy in to be euthanized I couldn't let it happen. He is a doll either way. Thanks for the complement though.

Brandyb

Looks like the dogs had a great time!! I love taking my little girlie out in the woods.
Nice pictures!

Members online

No members online now.