folly's going back

adojrts

I agree, you made an informed decision, crossed your fingers and gave her the best chance. I too believe that your dogs knew and that was beyond your control. Bottom line is it sucks and I am sorry.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm so sorry :( but try not to beat yourself up! You are doing the right thing for both of you and its very responsible of you to know your dogs and your limits and think about what is best for folly

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am so sorry :( I'd be devastated as well... it's so difficult when you know you made the right decision, yet it hurts so much.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Massive (((((HUGS))))). Here if you ever need to talk/vent/just write out your thoughts.

elegy

overdogged
It's a very good thing that you found such a great breeder who would take her back and not hold a grudge about it. **** happens. They're dogs. And a dog with a seizure disorder can be a very difficult thing to deal with, especially around other dogs. It sucks and it hurts, BUT it was out of your control. Folly will find the right place for her, and you will eventually find the right puppy for your home.
yeah, she was concerned about the biting thing (who wouldn't be?) but not tremendously freaked out. she has a housefull of dogs. she knows stuff happens. she told me steve's daddy bit a puppy folly's age pretty significantly once. he was fine but he still has a scar.

i am really really struggling. i went to work this morning and what's our first appointment? somebody's new puppy. i feel like everybody around me has or is getting new puppies and all i have is this huge empty hole in my stomach and too much quiet in my house. i sent her favorite toys with her, but i still need to break down and put away her crates, and it just makes me cry and cry to think about doing it.

hey_jude

Elegy- I know, I was feeling guilty yesterday that I was getting Jonah when you were having to send back Folly- I didn't realize you were sending her back until late at night after I had posted his pic and everything. I was feeling bad that I know it must be painful for you. I hope you don't mind that I posted pictures and everything. It must be so painful- I don't know how I could cope. You have every right to be heartbroken and I think its okay to let yourself feel that. It must be very painful.

You know we're all here for you :) I'm sure Erin has special empathy for you after what she went through with little Francis. I'm also sure there is happiness waiting for you, just like there was for Erin with Jonah's coming.

hey_jude

I do- but in a different way because it must be so much harder having had folly for like a week- held her- watched her join the family- then not have her there. I couldn't handle that. T'm an emotional nut about my dogs so I do have a ton of empathy- but I know it must have been harder than I can picture. It will get better with time tho. It really is true- it's a loss- and like any loss only time can heal it.

hey_jude

no not at all. you should be posting pictures! you should be sharing your joy!
Thanks for saying that. I posted his picture last night and then read the Folly thread and wanted to die. I'll tell you- I cried last night about Folly. Sounds so silly- but the whole situation must be a lot to bear.

Thanks for saying that. I posted his picture last night and then read the Folly thread and wanted to die. I'll tell you- I cried last night about Folly. Sounds so silly- but the whole situation must be a lot to bear.
It doesn't sound silly. That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.

hey_jude

It doesn't sound silly. That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
That's very, very true. Lucky to have Chaz- it has made the dog owning, puppy raising experience so much easier for me to have support. my friends just don't get it like everyone else here does.

elegy

overdogged
nah, i've certainly cried over dogs i've only known online.

i am just sick about folly. truly. she has left such a huge hole here.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I really don't have words for how heartbroken I am for you. It's just not fair.

Hillside

Original Twin
You know we're all here for you :) I'm sure Erin has special empathy for you after what she went through with little Francis. I'm also sure there is happiness waiting for you, just like there was for Erin with Jonah's coming.

Exactly this. I know you had fears about how your breeder would respond, but the fact that she is open to you getting another pup from her shows that she knows what we do:

YOU ARE AN AWESOME DOG OWNER!

(Whether or not you feel like it right now doesn't change that.)

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I am so sorry... :( you are a wonderful person and dog-mom and Folly was LUCKY that you took a chance on the "crazy puppy"... she will find a home, she's young and will recover quickly, and it's so much better to find this out sooner rather than later. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. *hugsss*

Members online

No members online now.