My cats

J's crew

Here's some pics of my cats. They feel like they are being left out with all my doggie pics. *smiles*

They are just laying around, doing what cats do best!

This is my baby. He was shaken by a Cocker Spaniel as a itty bitty thing. The result is brain damage, or Cerebellar Hypoplasia.

And this is meanie pants, as I call her. Every picture I get of her shows her true colors. A moody, independant hissy girl!

Snark

Mutts to you
What pretty kitties! Even meanie pants. I've known a couple of those... :yikes: :lol-sign:

How is your cat affected by Cerebellar Hypoplasia? Just curious, our three-legged kitty was nearly someone's lunch as a feral kitten (lost a leg and a few brain cells - he carries his head at a permanent tilt and doesn't track fast moving objects very well. Generally he's a happy boy and he 'talks' constantly! We always know where he is. Lol!)

J's crew

What pretty kitties! Even meanie pants. I've known a couple of those... :yikes: :lol-sign:

How is your cat affected by Cerebellar Hypoplasia? Just curious, our three-legged kitty was nearly someone's lunch as a feral kitten (lost a leg and a few brain cells - he carries his head at a permanent tilt and doesn't track fast moving objects very well. Generally he's a happy boy and he 'talks' constantly! We always know where he is. Lol!)

Thanks!

He has alot if issue's with balance and mis judgeing distances. He walks kinda like a TN Walking horse with a high gait. He is absolutely fearless and seems to feel no pain if he falls off of a chair or runs into a wall.
I have to be extra extra careful with him. He is definetely not a "normal" cat. Everyone knows I guard him with my life! :p But he's a very happy cat, loves life and has a personality like no other cat I have ever seen.

J's crew

Thanks! :D

I am thinking about getting my long haired cat a "lion cut". Does anyone have any advise? Is there any reason I shouldn't? He sheds worse than all my dogs combined. Or at least it seems like it because his fine hair floats and sticks everywhere. He's an inside kitty so the temp is always about 68 degrees.

skyeboxer

Lovely cats. Meanie is the spitting image of my old lover Fergus. He was so laid back though you'd think he was a rug if he didn't blink occasionally. I got fergus from a shelter so never knew if he was any kind of breed. Is 'ol MP a breed or mix of anything that you know of? Does she have a cream tummy with darker spots?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Aw I just noticed that your cat has CH. I have a friend who rescues them. They are the sweetest darned cats and sometimes you just have to marvel at how happy and adaptable they are.

J's crew

Lovely cats. Meanie is the spitting image of my old lover Fergus. He was so laid back though you'd think he was a rug if he didn't blink occasionally. I got fergus from a shelter so never knew if he was any kind of breed. Is 'ol MP a breed or mix of anything that you know of? Does she have a cream tummy with darker spots?
Yep, her whole belly area is cream with leopard looking spots. She looks fat in the picture but she's really not. I was told by a Vet that sometimes when they get a little older they get kind of a pouch, mostly loose skin. She is around 12 years old. I got her when she was under 2 though so who knows, she may have had a litter before. She was rescued from a barb wire fence. :(

J's crew

Aw I just noticed that your cat has CH. I have a friend who rescues them. They are the sweetest darned cats and sometimes you just have to marvel at how happy and adaptable they are.

They are! He is just soooo happy all the time. And, all my friends just love him. They always want me to get him to walk through the room with his high stepping gait.

I have heard some people have them PTS. I guess it would depend on how severe it was. His is not that severe, it does not affect his quality of life. It just means that I have to protect him ten times more than a normal cat.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
J's, some of them end in PTS mode because of their neurological issues. Sometimes there are seizures, I know of one that is suffering from some blindness issues right now, can't figure out if she had a stroke because as you know, the symptoms are so similar. Because it is a neurological issue, sometimes complications can arise that way. But for the most part, in loving, caring homes where a Mom such as you are looking out for their safety, they are fine. CH cats don't think they have a problem at all, so they can get careless as I'm sure you know. They don't seem to mind CH at all. Cats are marvelous that way.

Incidentally, I saw some youtube videos someone posted of CH kitties at play. They were so darned cute.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.