Owners of many dogs of the same breed

monkeys23

I call the girls by each others' names all the time. They then kinda give me the stink eye and then go with it. :D

Katem

My two are both mutts and they couldn't look much more different than one another...I still mix up names all the time. Ooo and Bear gets told "good girl" and Pig hears "good boy" all the **** time.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I know I do, but only in passing. Sometimes it ends up being, "Kay... Roc... J.... YOU! STOP THAT!"

Toller_08

Sometimes they get "SAPIWIL..whatever the hell your name is!" :p
Haha yeah, pretty much this. I mess up all of my dogs' names all the time and only two are even the same breed. And they don't even really look a lot alike since they are different colours and there is a big size difference. With that said, I am pretty good at being accurate IDing large groups of similar looking dogs. It's not as hard as one might think. When I am with big groups of dobermans they all look different in some way that makes it easy to pick each individual out of the group accurately. It's only a problem when you are trying to get one dog's name out quick and you end up saying everyone's name but the one you want!

Names? All the time. BUt not just the dogs, my sister gets called dog names all the time.

From looks? If it's just out of the corner of my eye Didgie and Traveler are getting harder and harder to tell apart and the merle kinda blends in together.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
When I didn't know Dekka, the human well... She has 4-5 JRTs at that point. They ALL looked the same to me. They had different coats, different sizes.. but to me.. SAME.

Now, I giggle as they are so not the same at all..

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Having only one dog, I don't really have this problem with him. :p

The cats, well, I have no trouble telling them apart, but the majority of my friends think they look exactly the same. :confused: One is gray and lanky, while the other is brown and stockier. They both have similar spotty/stripey markings, but that's about it.

Now, the sugar gliders... We have two white-face suggies and I still have to STARE at them in order to be sure which is which. LOL!

Sometimes they get "SAPIWIL..whatever the hell your name is!" :p
I know I do, but only in passing. Sometimes it ends up being, "Kay... Roc... J.... YOU! STOP THAT!"
^^ These also apply in our house. It's not because I can't tell them apart, or forget who is who, it's because OMG STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW WHOEVER YOU ARE!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My mom calls all us kids each other's name all the time :p and the dog's name. and each of the ferrets. It ends up being "WHOEVER YOU ARE"

I can't tell Ren and Ella apart unless I'm up close looking face on.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Mine are the same breed but not even the same color & I still manage to call them by each other's names frequently...

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Family and friends that have known the Schnauzers since puppy hood still have trouble telling them apart. Other than that I just get names mixed up when I'm in a hurry. Having them all respond to "dog" comes in handy.

My dogs couldn't be further apart, but although I rarely do, I find my parents going through every name in the house before getting the right one to the right face. they've even messed up the dogs and the Conure, yet, somehow they get the sheep right most of the time? Then there's my brother, whose decided that to him they have different names altogether, lol it's actually really cute. The worst...yes each of the 20+ (I honestly don't remember how many there are!) chickens all have names, yeah I'm crazy!

kady05

I have friends that have multiples of the same breed, who all look very similar. Like my friend with Rotties, for example. I really have to look at her dogs to be sure who is who.. makes me feel bad sometimes because I know *she* knows, but really, they're all Rotties.. all the same color.. they all look alike (to me)! I'm sure she probably hates it when people say that, but it's true!

I think that's one reason why all of my dogs are different colors LOL.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have been in a house of 16 papillons before where all were sable and white except for one (Mia) and that did get a little confusing. There are also some photos of when we've had get-togethers where I have a hard time figuring out which dog is Summer and which one is Gigi (Nard's mom). They look a LOT alike if you don't get a good look at their faces.

Members online

No members online now.