The Venting Thread

Grab

I am over the most horrible part of the horrid plague illness I had (thank you, oscillococcinum, you returned me to at least a functional level) now I just have the lingering headache and ridiculous sore throat that will apparently last forever. However, I now have a firm area under one ear. I do usually get swollen glands when I get these illnesses,but it's not round like it usually is. Is it a super gland? I have no idea. The other side is tender, so I'm leaning towards a gland, but it's not all hard and icky

All I know is that today is the day my kiddo decides he needs to hang on my neck repeatedly:rolleyes:

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I just find portions at restaurants far too large. I usually get a half-serving, eat half& take home the other half for my boyfriend. He loves leftovers. They make me gag.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I always eat leftovers. My mom is notorious for bringing her leftovers home and then not eating them... throws them out more often than not. It irritates me.

It probably is a poor person thing. It's probably very nice to not have to worry about wasting food (money.)
IDK, I was raised in a solidly middle class home and we take home food from restaurants all the time-the only exception is fries or something. Then again we always are leftovers from dinner at home too. DH and I bring in a middle class income and we usually eat left overs unless we forget about them.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
IDK, I was raised in a solidly middle class home and we take home food from restaurants all the time-the only exception is fries or something. Then again we always are leftovers from dinner at home too. DH and I bring in a middle class income and we usually eat left overs unless we forget about them.
Same here.

leftovers means you don't have to cook one or more nights :D lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I personally hate leftovers. I don't like bringing it home from restaurants (then I have to carry it. Which is a stupid reason to not like it but ugh.. and food in the car ick) and I don't like how most of stuff reheats so it just ends up sitting around and eventually thrown away

Unless it's something really simple (grilled chicken, steak, pasta) I won't bother bringing it home.

My vent for the day? The cupcake bakery was out of buttercream :( THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

AliciaD

On second thought...
Lol. What's up with the roommate?
My wonderful roommate hates living off campus and has decided to move back on campus. I saw her post on facebook advertising her half of the room and was like "wha?" :yikes:

If any chazzers want to live in dog-friendly Newmarket, New Hampshire let me know!!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
We have too many people out sick, so even though I have little voice and have been coughing my lungs out, I can't leave. So I'm that person sucking raw honey off a spoon because it's the only thing that soothes my throat well enough to be able to talk at all. Drinking tea by the gallon.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Same here.

leftovers means you don't have to cook one or more nights :D lol
Actually, tonight we are having lasagna--something I'm making with the intention of having leftovers-lol. Maybe it makes a difference if you are raised eating them? Growing up it was never "Hey who wants leftovers tonight?" it was "Leftovers is what we are having, if you want something cooked you make it yourself." I find certain things are tastier left over.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Actually, tonight we are having lasagna--something I'm making with the intention of having leftovers-lol. Maybe it makes a difference if you are raised eating them? Growing up it was never "Hey who wants leftovers tonight?" it was "Leftovers is what we are having, if you want something cooked you make it yourself." I find certain things are tastier left over.
I'm the same way and was raised with leftovers being normal and planned for - perhaps because our family is small so most recipes made double what we needed? I didn't realize that some folks never ate leftovers until I was out of college iirc!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm trying so hard to be positive and upbeat about being here and it's just... completely draining.

Not happy.

Also, I miss my other stupid dogs. And my dad.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm stressing a lot about bringing Finn to the in-laws for the holidays. Like, a lot. He's going to be over-stimulated and stressed staying overnight in an unfamiliar place with so many different people, plus they have a new kitten who's never met a dog, let alone a dog who gets WAY too overexcited around new cats thanks to having a cat BFF his whole life.

It's my anxiety talking, but I so just want a way to keep him happy and at home. :( I'm going to fret all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day which will just make him worse, and I just won't enjoy it the way that I should. I should be looking forward to Christmas, not dreading it over something so silly.

Ugh.

crazedACD

I was raised on leftovers (lower-middle class). I don't always eat them now. There are a handful of things now that I will eat leftover (maybe like spaghetti or alfredo stuffs, casseroles, etc) but dislike most leftover meats, breaded things, fries, etc.

Reheated chinese food is NOT okay.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Reheated chinese food is NOT okay.
If you're good at cooking, it's a snap to reheat Chinese. If it's fried and dry (no sauce), reheat it by popping it in the fryer at 350 for 4-5 minutes. The oven will also work; turn it over halfway through reheating. Otherwise, reheat it in a pan on the stove. Add some water if there's a thick sauce, then cover with a lid for the last few minutes on low. You can also reheat in the oven but the stove top is much easier since you can control your heat.

If I order Chinese food, I order extra with the sole intention of having leftovers.

Members online