The Venting Thread

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I bought a kangaroo leather show lead from this person up in Canada. I had ordered from her before with no problems, and I loved my leash from her so I ordered again. She never sent me the leash, and said that she was too busy to make it so she'd send me a refund. That was over 6 MONTHS AGO. She kept reassuring me that she'd send the refund, so that I missed the time period that you can "report" something on Paypal as fraud. I email her every month or so, reminding her, and she hasn't responded or she's said "I will get to it soon, so sorry!!"- and yeah, still sitting here without a leash and without $77. FML. I am super pissed.

Grab

I found out today that I have to find a new daycare in January. We've had a private person (wife of husband's coworker) who has watched Clive in her home (with one other child here and there) since he was 5 weeks. She's decided to no longer watch other kids.

I've never had to do a public daycare. The one we toured before going with a private individual was skeery. As a bonus, my work hours suck to go along with daycare hours. People are fabulous about sharing tales of bitten children and such.

I'd hoped he'd be able to go here for another year or so until he moved on to preschool. Blah. If there were a viable job force in town, I'd take a third shift job so he could just stay home.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I swear lately that work is just wiping me out. That plus the thousand things I have to do all the time. It's like every weekend or day off I have family members coming into town or I'm having to go to someone's birthday or something.

I love them but I haven't had a weekend to myself in ages. And this upcoming weekend more family is coming in. But I haven't seen them in a long time. But I still just want a weekend where I don't have to entertain and have more time to catch up on housework and things like that.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Sorry but when someone tells me they're going to do something I expect them to do it. Especially a professional. I made it clear that 5 hours was all I could work and was assured those were the hours I'd be working. I'm aware of the fact that she was nice to give me the 5hrs I asked for, I clearly stated so. However I'm unable to work 8 hours (which is what it actually is, 7 was a typo) and I already went out of my way and worked extra hours last week when they didn't have anyone to work and it nearly killed me. They assured me I'd only have those hours for that one week and that after that I would have 5hrs a day max. And I already know this isn't the job for me, I'm already applying other places lol. It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.
Welcome to retail, and honestly what is wrong with working more then the 5 hours a day? I mean how many hours a week are you working?

I get it hurts, but what stops you from working? Are you still in school? Are you working to pay bills?

I work in retail and I can tell you most places is like that.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I was in a car wreck two weeks ago and am still working 50 hours a week. Suck it up and welcome to adult life.

Red Chrome

I worked 8 hours today but groomed 17 dogs. I am dead r
Tired. Then I had a meeting tonight and just got home.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Sorry but when someone tells me they're going to do something I expect them to do it. Especially a professional. I made it clear that 5 hours was all I could work and was assured those were the hours I'd be working. I'm aware of the fact that she was nice to give me the 5hrs I asked for, I clearly stated so. However I'm unable to work 8 hours (which is what it actually is, 7 was a typo) and I already went out of my way and worked extra hours last week when they didn't have anyone to work and it nearly killed me. They assured me I'd only have those hours for that one week and that after that I would have 5hrs a day max. And I already know this isn't the job for me, I'm already applying other places lol. It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.
But didn't you tell her AFTER you were hired that you wanted to work no more than 5 hours? So really, you broke your promise to her to work when needed? That's how I understood it, at least.

I'm not sure about where you live, but here, you legally can't hire somebody/make them come in for a 2 hour shift. So she was likely trying to keep a decent number of hours for you. If it happens again, ask somebody else to work that shift for you, or ask them to give it to somebody else. It's really that easy.

Being an adult sucks.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I agree with the others...being an adult sucks sometimes...but until money trees become real someone has to pay the bills! Happy Tuesday y'all! :D

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I worked 8 hours today but groomed 17 dogs. I am dead r
Tired. Then I had a meeting tonight and just got home.
Same!!! Except it was 10 hours, and 12 dogs (3 Standard Poodles UGH the drying and combing out :()... and I'm pregnant. I really thought grooming would be so much more glamorous and care free! I was wrong.

I agree that working sucks and can be painful, but you really do adjust to it physically. Grooming is by far the most physically demanding job I've ever had, even more physical than running back and fourth walking 300+ dogs across a huge pet hotel. I'm still going to work for as long as I can possibly can because money is awesome and it's really hard to get a job, much less an easy job.

Oh, and working for yourself? Where you're your own boss? :rofl1:

Nope. When you work for yourself every single customer/client/patron is your boss, along with the IRS, every government entity from the local level where you get your business license on up, and you have all the administrative headaches and you don't get to go home after your shift is done and forget about it all.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Don't feel like you have to answer lol but why can you only work that many hours? Sometimes it just takes a while to get used to being on your feet. A good pair of shoes is CRUCIAL. I used to have shoes that would kill my feet just taking my dog for a 10 minute walk. It was hell actually wearing them to work. When I started working 11 hour days (no sitting except for my 1 hour lunch) it would kill my legs/feet, but eventually my body got used to it + I got better shoes. I don't even notice it now.

Unfortunately many jobs require you to be on your feet for long periods, especially for people with limited/no experience.... because then all you really get are retail positions.

Lyzelle

Yep. Shoes really do make the difference. Especially if you are flat footed, like my DH.

On another note relating to the thread, I'm seriously backed up on commissions. I have one that I took 6 months ago and I haven't finished it yet. Why? Because I have to do it from scratch, I have NO direction from the person who hired me, and my muse is completely shot. And this is even one of the freebies I handed out to get business going. And I guess it isn't terrible. Scratch work usually takes other people around 4-6 months. But still. I'm used to pumping this sort of thing out in 2 weeks or less.

Sigh. I'm screwing myself here. I love doing artwork, but I don't think I can do this for a living.

Grab

I think it would be really hard to find a job with only 5 hour shifts..even a part time job usually has 8 hour shifts at the least. My (full time) job is 9-9 1/2 hour shifts every day. That's not counting our hour lunch that we sometimes don't get to take. And it's at an animal hospital, so no sitting

Lyzelle

The only 5 hour shift I know of is working as a Dog Food Rep...usually 4-6 hours a day, four days over the weekend.

GipsyQueen

I usually have a 5 hour shift - but I work in retail, and I only work parttime, so I work 10-3. I do stay longer if I'm needed to though, which doesn't bother me - my feet kill if I work the full 9 hour shift though - mostly because Im not used to it though. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Lunch shift at a restaurant is the only place I've ever heard of giving 4-5 hours of work.

Good shoes are amazing. I used to buy the $30 shoes, think I was doing myself a huge favor...and then I discovered why someone can legitately charge $80-$120/pair for shoes. OMG, the comfort! The durability!

darkchild16

We are Home.
Just spent a week in the hospital with Savannah and Jeremy had to work 12 hr shifts most of it over a hour from the hospital. I had all 3 kids and couldnt leave the room. Finally the last 2 days Bev went to Kerrys and Jeremy finally got 2 days off but the rest of it I was with them alone. While Jeremy tried to get even a tad shorter shifts didnt ask to take the one off where we got admitted so I got to do all the intake alone which included a catheter and a blood draw along with the paper work. All the while his coworker is complaining hes tired and needs time off for entertainment things and gets to go home early because he wouldnt stop complaining how tired he was yet Jeremys daughter is in the ****ing hospital and cant get it off and gets his job threatened.

I also want to move NOW and the job that was going to allow that got given to someone else so we are still at 6 10-12 hour days a week in a place we cant wait to leave.

Im sick of raising the kids by myself basically. Im sick of Jeremy missing alot of Savannahs first months because of work. Im sick of his boss who literally is trying to break our family up so that he can have Jeremy work without any commitments to things for our family.

Im sick of my husband feeling the same and me not being able to do anything to help.

To offset the vent. Im glad I have a husband that will do whatever it takes for his family to be cared for. Weve had our problems and always will but he makes me one happy woman and genuinly appreciates everything I do for him and never complains about what it takes to support our family.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.