They took the pups from mom before the two months :(

This makes me really really pissed, when I see adds in the newspaper for "puppies X breed, for sell they are 4 weeks old" :mad: and I have seen many like that-

Is so sick that some people take away the pups away from mom before the two months old, this is so wrong.

When people do this how can you tell them how this affects the pups? you see the brothers of my sister's boyfriend have a male english cocker that was used as a stud, but the bitch had 9 puppies and her owner gave two puppies to the male owners but the puppies were just 3 weeks old.

Sadly they had a lot of problems feeding the pups, they were feeding kibble for adults and hole cow milk, but wit my sister we looked for info in the net and we gave them some lactose free milk and some baby cereal for them, but it appears that when the lactose free milk ran out they fed them hole milk again and the pups had diarreah, I hope they recover soon.

Paige

Let it be
It does suck. At the very least if people want to breed dogs they should know how longa pup needs to stay with their mother.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I hear this kind of stuff FAR TOO OFTEN.
"Oh but they are eating on their own"
people just don't know :/

until that little pup gets older and has ZERO bite inhibition or social skills.

Grab

It's really quite sad how people don't educate before breeding their pets.

As a completely unrelated aside, Pompadour's ears are fabulous in your sig!

SarahHound

That's really sad :( I know my Katy was away from her Mother around 5 weeks or earlier, and she was messed up for a long time, even now she's still not entirely like a normal puppy.

BostonBanker

That's really sad I know my Katy was away from her Mother around 5 weeks or earlier, and she was messed up for a long time, even now she's still not entirely like a normal puppy.
Same with Gusto, although he got lucky and had his littermates with him, and great adult dogs to socialize with. I'm lucky the fostering situation he was in handled things so well.

TainaPR

Sadly here in Puerto Rico about 98% of the dogs I see in ads are 4-6 weeks old when being sold. I believe Taina is younger than her 'breeder' made her out to be, looking back I put her at about 6 weeks when we purchased her and not the 10 weeks the guy said she was.

Shes supposed to be 5 months old but I find her way too puppy like, and I believe she is just now starting to teeth. Its sad really, shes such a baby dont know why they'd take them from their mothers so young :(

Catsi

Yes, this makes me sad too. The guy at the back had a litter of stafford x that started to go out the door at 5 1/2 weeks. Just sad.

A workmate was starting to give away her oops litter of kittens at 6 weeks. I actually thought kittens were supposed to stay even longer than dogs (10 - 12 weeks??) but I'm not sure.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Most people think a pup is weaned = ready to go to a new home. It's very sad.

Yeah, people suck sometimes :(
It does suck. At the very least if people want to breed dogs they should know how longa pup needs to stay with their mother.
Yes, the poor pups also the mother suffer stress :(

It is true what some people say that if the pups are taken before they have finished nursing the mother comes into heat more faster? I guess that is one of the reasons they do it :/

Forgot to mention the pups genders are one male and one female.

I hear this kind of stuff FAR TOO OFTEN.
"Oh but they are eating on their own"
people just don't know :/

until that little pup gets older and has ZERO bite inhibition or social skills.
Agree, the poor babies.. wit out learning what you described it must be more difficult for them to live and have relations wit other dogs and people.

That's really sad :( I know my Katy was away from her Mother around 5 weeks or earlier, and she was messed up for a long time, even now she's still not entirely like a normal puppy.
too bad, it must have being hard to train her.

It's really quite sad how people don't educate before breeding their pets.

As a completely unrelated aside, Pompadour's ears are fabulous in your sig!

For what we heard now the bitch's owner was just after quick bucks, it appears the pups have parasites too, they were taken yesterday to the vet I haven't heard how they are now.

Thanks for the comment on the ears, wit the raw meat plus his genes and the wrapping his ears are now huge! I wish his topknot could be big as well buy most of it fell from an allergy a few months ago, but he is now cured.

Same with Gusto, although he got lucky and had his littermates with him, and great adult dogs to socialize with. I'm lucky the fostering situation he was in handled things so well.
Sadly here in Puerto Rico about 98% of the dogs I see in ads are 4-6 weeks old when being sold. I believe Taina is younger than her 'breeder' made her out to be, looking back I put her at about 6 weeks when we purchased her and not the 10 weeks the guy said she was.

Shes supposed to be 5 months old but I find her way too puppy like, and I believe she is just now starting to teeth. Its sad really, shes such a baby dont know why they'd take them from their mothers so young :(

Poor pups, I wish they could be a law tho prevent this in all countries, may someday in the future.

crazedACD

Very sad, I don't understand it either. I don't think a lot of people realize just how messy and time consuming a litter will be, either.

I really prefer that puppies stay until 10 weeks or so. I got Romeo at 12 weeks and although it might have been just him, it's possible he learned better social skills with the extra time.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We got Sadie at seven weeks, and she suffered no ill effects for it (she's now a guide dog, actually, so definitely no ill effects! lol). But yes, selling really young pups...that just isn't right. I think there is actually a law in the state that forbids selling puppies under six weeks old...

Grab

Some people are just uneducated as well. I work with a vet who feels all bad habits are instilled before 8 weeks, so you should always take a puppy before then..ideally at 6-7 weeks:eek:

Freehold

8-12 weeks is the prime socialization period, and is supposed to be the easiest time for a dog to adjust to a new home. I personally don't let mine go before 10 weeks. I have one buyer who REALLY wants hers at 8 weeks, and I am making an exception for her situation, but realistically, it's not something I encourage at all. I suspect this buyer will be closer to 9 weeks anyway ;) Considering she's coming out all the way from Alberta to meet and pick her puppy... gotta say she's serious and committed. (I'm in Ontario - so that's halfway across the country.)

Pops2

i prefer 6 weeks. i've had good dogs that i got older, but most of my best dogs i got as 6 week old pups.

TainaPR

I do believe most if not all breeders who let their pups go before 8 weeks are BYB, and the sooner hey can sell their pups the less they spend and the more $$ they make.

The pups are better now and they were de-wormed, but the vet gave them a big bill , I hope they could learn from this that breeding is something serious and people have to be more responsable and pay attention to the suggestion people give to them.

I do believe most if not all breeders who let their pups go before 8 weeks are BYB, and the sooner hey can sell their pups the less they spend and the more $$ they make.
Agree, this type of people makes me feel sick, so selfish.

8-12 weeks is the prime socialization period, and is supposed to be the easiest time for a dog to adjust to a new home. I personally don't let mine go before 10 weeks. I have one buyer who REALLY wants hers at 8 weeks, and I am making an exception for her situation, but realistically, it's not something I encourage at all. I suspect this buyer will be closer to 9 weeks anyway ;) Considering she's coming out all the way from Alberta to meet and pick her puppy... gotta say she's serious and committed. (I'm in Ontario - so that's halfway across the country.)
Good luck wit your pups, two years ago I met my first wolfhound a female, so adorable and huge fellows :)

Pops2

not all. 6 weeks is still very common in the hunting community.

Members online

No members online now.