Help Dont Know What Else To Do

tat2ooed

I have an eight month old bloodhound,I was wondering if fixing her will help with this crate and house breaking thing. I or the wife can take her out even for an hour or so and she will come and pee in her crate. She doesnt seem to pee that much in the house but as soon as you put her in the crate you got it. pees everywhere. We will keep her out side and she will pee and keep tring to pee until she is empty. and after a few mins in her crate she pees again. I dont know what else to do with her.I know she can hold it because she will at night,then she wakes up and pees in the crate and then starts whinning to get out I have had enough of it. Help please!!!

Fran27

Well I would get rid of the crate. I'm pro crate training, but when the dogs start peeing in it, it's a bad sign. Also, I would take her to the vet to make sure she doesn't have an urinary infection, which could explain why she pees so much...

When did you get her? Did you get her from a breeder? If you got her from a petstore, puppies are used to peeing in their crates there so it's harder to get them rid of the habit.

I definitely advise spaying, mostly because it avoids the inconvenience of heat and can prevent cancer, but it doesn't fix housebreaking... To do that you have to let her out as much as possible (every one-two hours), and give her lots of praise when she goes outside. It can take a long time though, depending on the dog.

yes I agree get rid of the crate, and spaying is best for her too. You will need to treat her as a new puppy and take her outside every 30min or less after food and sleep etc, how much experence do you have in toilet training what have you tried?

Members online

No members online now.