Newfoundland

I currently have a Zuchon and a Miniature Poodle. I'm considering getting another puppy. My Zuchon has atopy and my Miniature Poodle suffers from mitral valve disease. My Zuchon came from a hobby breeder, but my Miniature Poodle came from a show breeder with champion parents. My Zuchon's father, a Bichon Frise, was eye tested and his eyes were normal. His mother, a Shih Tzu, was hip tested and her hips were "fair." Unfortunately, there isn't a genetic test for atopy! My Miniature Poodle's father, an AKC champion, was hip tested "fair" and his mother, also an AKC champion, was hip tested "fair," as well. Unfortunately, they didn't check hearts. I will probably end up going to a hobby breeder again. I'm considering a Newfoundland. A friend of mine is planning a litter between her Newfoundland, Tasha, and her sister's Newfoundland, Moses of the Sea. Both are AKC Newfoundlands, and she told me she will have the puppies vet checked, wormed, will raise them in the home with the family, they will be raised with kids and come with a health guarantee. Her dog, Tasha, was DNA tested for Degenerative Myelopathy and came out as a non-carrier. Moses of the Sea was hip tested and his hips are "fair." So, I'm considering getting a puppy from her. She charges $1,500 for each puppy and I can put a deposit down now. Do you think I should?

Members online

No members online now.