New garden pics

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love the pic of Aiden with the garden the two of you drew.

Oh, the faces on the fence remind me of looking at the doors in the house I grew up in and saw faces in the wood. If I look at the linoleum floors in my kitchen, I can see dog faces. It's amazing what your imagination can see.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Working with what I have. Traded face bowls for compost, dirt and strawberries. Used logs and whatever I could lay my hands on. Not as deep as I wanted it to be, but I don't think strawberries will mind too much. All my friends are peeping up through the soil. ALl winter I just wanted to make it through to spring, just let me have spring. I am glad it is here.

THought the toddlers would like to see a sweet potato start, and I will plant it in the hollow log, rose bush is behind it, sunflower to go behind that. All seeds started but the morning glories. I am going to put them in a much better place this year. I think Hyia will be pleased since I plan to put them in front of her window for a living screen. I got a packet of seeds that are the blue and white ones, my favorites.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love the natural border you made from logs and rocks. It should look even more beautiful when all the plant start to come up.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
And so it begins

For the most part, except for moving maybe a couple things, the beds are ready and seeded. Now it's all up to the weather and time.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Second dose of giggle food, now it's really going to grow. Note to self, get grass seed and next winter, brave the snow in the field no matter how deep. Neccy's urine must be pure toxic waste and because she went there, so did the others, including every dog that passes through here which is more than you would think. I have strategic rocks placed so that those dogs that are loose, will use the rock, and not my plants.

i looked at the grass on the other side of the building where Neccy lived for one year, 2 years ago, and it STILL has not grown back.

THey boys ran around and and around and around, which in my mind, makes for good energy for all.

There was one little ripe strawberry that i gave to Aiden. He popped it in his mouth, his eyes grew big and he rubbed his tummy with a big yummmmm and then set to looking for more. I iwll never know what they taste like, if I ate one, i would be pushing up daisies. I can't wait for the snow peas to make pods for them.

THis was a birthday play date for two 3 almost 4 year old boys, who are 5 days a part, and best, first friends. They have known each other as far back as either can remember.

My SO has been gone 10 years as of yesterday. The iris he dug up for me out in the middle of nowhere are just getting ready to bloom. To me, they are Jim visiting me. I know he would have really enjoyed seeing these little firends. It would have made him chuckle, and that makes me smile, even if it might be my own imagination, I will keep those iris with me for just as log as I possilby can. They have moved three times now, but luckily been able to stay in one place to grow nicely. They are sublte in color, i love the pale silver color of them, and they smell like Heaven.

Last edited:

Taqroy

My SO has been gone 10 years as of yesterday. The iris he dug up for me out in the middle of nowhere are just getting ready to bloom. To me, they are Jim visiting me. I know he would have really enjoyed seeing these little firends. It would have made him chuckle, and that makes me smile, even if it might be my own imagination, I will keep those iris with me for just as log as I possilby can. They have moved three times now, but luckily been able to stay in one place to grow nicely. They are sublte in color, i love the pale silver color of them, and they smell like Heaven.
((((hugs))))) smkie. What a beautiful way to remember him.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad the boys had a fun day outside. The garden looks great & I can't wait to see it in full bloom.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Friends are coming up up up! Some I forgot I moved last fall. :) Sunflowers are getting a running start, it needs to lighten up on the rain a bit for a couple, but I am not complaining a bit.

I had Hyia dig a big ol deep hole when she was in a not so hot mood. BY the time she actually got it as it needed to be she was pretty proud of herself. THe tree we put in didnt' make it, I basically had her plant a dead tree, it was in that pot a couple years too long. So we put morning glories at the base, and I trimmed some of the branches. Fingers crossed she gets a good spaceship morning glory tree for her efforts.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Won't to come over and share a cup of tea? This is my heaven on earth.
A pair of wrens have moved in, I couldn't be more pleased. THe Robin that Hyia and I picked up that had been stunned and needed a rest, I think is hanging out close too. I told Hyia sometimes they are beyond hurt, and sometimes they are just knocked silly. THis one was the later.
THe new rocks came from House of ROck. They were on special for 30 cents a pound. I was very pleased to be able to add their rick dark color and texture for practically nothing. I think this big one cost about 4 dollars. They are very light, but have iridescent sheen and lovely texture.

I have the smaller ones on the mantle to persuade Ressie to stay off of it. They are not pleasant to touch.

I started trimming the honeysuckle bushes to free the view up. I didnt' know they would shape up so easily.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The wrens are singing, and the skinks are warming. Welcome to you both.

This one looks like the change is about to happen. I tried for a better angle and I tried in vain. They are very quick.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Aiden my garden buddy, says that flower blooms POP out. We didnt' know if he meant the bloom or the seeds. SO for fun I took him to the greenhouse and let him pick out a pregnant onion. He was so proud, he showed it to everyone and tod them all about it, when I tried to hurry him along, people said nonon let him tell us, it's so neat he is excited about his plant. He loved the greenhouses too. Sister Baylee picked out a lovely purple wave petunia and for good measure I got one as well.

Home to show Mom and Dad. Vid
I just love this.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh my, I just love the excitement in Aiden's voice about the plant. To see things thru the eyes of a child is so wonderful.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I know a couple Grans got their eyes on these. They can have my share, it is not for me I grow them. I never grew straberries before and dindn't expect anything relally of this year. So even a few will please me.

Hopefully something should be blooming out here all summer and into fall. The sunflowers have survived the freeze, the tomatoes look good, and my early bloomers are making my heart glad. I haven't bought a plant that has pleased me as much as that tall purple phlox, it smells good too. THe iris, is to die for in scent.

Barb04

Super Moderator
The flowers are so beautiful. I need to go to our local farm to get strawberries. The first variety already started being picked 2 weeks ago.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have never enjoyed a plant more than that wild purple phlox. I don't feel guilty for digging it up, because they were going to bulldoze over the whole lot of everything. That is where the yellow iris came from too, which are also native, not totally showy but who cares .Not sure if the purple one came from there or not, but to it, I express my profound gratitude to it's existence. Nothing could ever smell better than that. Add that to the honey locust and phlox, makes me feel sorry for everyone that isn't here.

Members online

No members online now.