Bunny Question..

GipsyQueen

I know we have a other pets part - but I think more people will see this?!

My bunny is loosing his fur right now, so we've been brushing him pretty regularly with a soft brush.
Today I noticed a small crusted spot on his back with no fur. :( It's dark out right now, and our lights are too bright so I can't really take a great look at it either.
Seems to be a little crusty and looks like he got stuck somewhere? (totally not out of the question. He seems to feel the need to sqeeze into every tiny spot possible)
Anyone have any ideas how to help him heal quicker? I heard camomile (sp?) tea on there could help.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
If it's a scab or cut, you can put a bit of Neosporin (the kind without lidocaine in it) on it. If it looks like it may have dirt in it, it'll need cleaned first.

Really depends on what it is, though. If it's something like mange or fleas causing the issue, then you need to correct that problem before the skin can heal.

GipsyQueen

If it's a scab or cut, you can put a bit of Neosporin (the kind without lidocaine in it) on it. If it looks like it may have dirt in it, it'll need cleaned first.

Really depends on what it is, though. If it's something like mange or fleas causing the issue, then you need to correct that problem before the skin can heal.
Thank you :) I'll get some at the pharmacy later :) I doubt its fleas since he doesn't seem itchy or bothered by the spots. I'd have to look into the symptoms of mange - but he Hasn't really been outside much (he had an op 4 weeks ago and we on restricted hopping )

Romy

Taxiderpy
It sounds like ringworm. Do you have a blacklight handy? It will glow under blacklight if it is ringworm. Here's an example pic:

It could also be mites. You vet could do a skin scraping and you'd know for sure either way. Regardless of whether it's mites or ringworm or something else, I'd keep antibiotic ointment on it until you get it diagnosed to prevent secondary skin infections from him scratching at it.

SarahHound

It happened with one of my girls. I used this...

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/johnsons-tea-tree-skin-cream-33872

and it cleared up :)

I think Johnsons products are available where you are, so have a look out for it. It's handy just to keep. I'm using it again just now because one of my bunnies has a baldy spot after his wifey bun started over grooming him.

Members online