W.d.s

nedim

Anyone elses dog suffer from wet dog syndrome? I just got back from walking Peanut through the 3.5 inch snow and when we sat on the couch I smelled the distinct scent of hot dogs on her coat. I gave her a bath about 2 days ago and I brushed her earlier, but she still smells edible.lol Guess they dont call em hot dogs for nothing. What can I use on her to get rid of the doggy smell, or is this normal?

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
well apparently there is a spray called foo foo spray lol. They used it on Teddy the other day and he smells so pretty :D Also I like to take baby wipes to Teddy every once in a while :D makes him smell baby fresh haha

minismom

WOW Sparks I never thought of the baby wipes!! Good Idea!!!
I also use a doggie cologne for my babies!

nedim

Baby wipes; good to know. Not too fond of wiping my dogs @ss tho.lol

nancy2394

baking soda rubbed on their coat will also get rid of that odor and you can usually brush the excess powder off of them. A vet told me to do that a long time ago in between baths to avoid bathing too much. It's cheap and it really does get rid of the awful odor unless they are worthy of a bath because they've gotten to the point of no return...lol.

nedim

nancy2394 said:
baking soda rubbed on their coat will also get rid of that odor and you can usually brush the excess powder off of them. A vet told me to do that a long time ago in between baths to avoid bathing too much. It's cheap and it really does get rid of the awful odor unless they are worthy of a bath because they've gotten to the point of no return...lol.
so, rub the baking soda on the coat and then brush it off? Just wanna make sure I get it right.

nancy2394

yeah, that's all we did was sprinkle it on their back and rub it in and sometimes I'd sprinkle some on the floor and have them walk through it so it would get on their feet cuz dog feet can smell bad too...lol. It can be a bit messy.. especially if the dog shakes before you had a chance to rub it in and brush off the excess. But it's safe, cheap and relatively easy to do. I looked at my vet like he was insane when he told me to do that... but I was surprised to find out it really did help with some of the dog odor and saved me from having to bathe my dog every week and cause skin irritations from too much bathing.

nancy2394 said:
yeah, that's all we did was sprinkle it on their back and rub it in and sometimes I'd sprinkle some on the floor and have them walk through it so it would get on their feet cuz dog feet can smell bad too...lol. It can be a bit messy.. especially if the dog shakes before you had a chance to rub it in and brush off the excess. But it's safe, cheap and relatively easy to do. I looked at my vet like he was insane when he told me to do that... but I was surprised to find out it really did help with some of the dog odor and saved me from having to bathe my dog every week and cause skin irritations from too much bathing.
Kudos for that tip! I normally try to bathe Midnite every other month. During the winter months though I let her go without a bath until we have a nice warm day, but she gets pretty stinky!​

nedim

nancy2394 said:
awesome, thanks for the info

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I might have to try that. Sawyer's coat takes forever to dry unless he's running in the sun.

Any tips for doggie breath? :rolleyes: I think it comes from licking himself too much.

Members online

No members online now.