Bumps on my dogs neck, affraid to trust vet tech?

We found a bump on Charlie's neck. For a small dog its not huge, but maybe
the size of a penny. It kinda looks like a scab, but I had never seen a tick before and was not sure if this was it.

So we took him to the vet and the vet tech looked at it and agreed it was probably a wound from him playing with the dogs next door and just to keep and eye on him and not to be to concerned.

Well we found another bump, its a lot smaller, same type of scabby thing. I don't know if we missed it before, but he has not played with the dogs since.

It does not seem to bother him at all when touched, and the dogs next door at watched closely with him, but they have a newer puppy who clearly does not have a good bite inhabition. I hate to not let them play once in a while, but if this is the cause then I have no choice. :confused:

I am not sure if I should wait it out a bit like the vet tech suggested, or get the opinion directly from the vet.

Last edited:
Well, that is the reason the vet went to school all those years. Ask them. That's what I do, then I can rest easy.

I did ask the vet tech, like I said they indicated it was probably due to the dogs next door being to rough and it was a scab, and to not worry to much, but this was a vet tech, not the actual vet.

Doberluv

Why not keep your dog from playing with the rough dogs next door for a week or so and see if they heal up. If they don't or more appear, insist that he be seen by the vet. I know Lyric causes some little ouchies sometimes when he gets too rough with Toker. Let us know.

I think that is what I will do. Though I find it confusing that a bit might make a big enough pumb or scab? I guess I have never been bitten before really, but I thought it would look like more a cut, not a far scabby pumps.

showpug

You should have seen the side of Alice's cheeks when Mona first came home. Covered in scabs from playing LOL!

If it's not bothering your dog and not getting larger then I wouldn't worry too much. Chances are, it's just the result of play biting between pups. I would not be suprised if you stumble across another spot.

Members online

No members online now.