One of best things about owning a dog that I like!

oriondw

user not active
Im in the best shape of my life :)

Before I got my pup I could only sprint very fast but had no endurance. Now almost 3 years of constant walks and runs... I can run a 3 miles in 60% humidity at 80F at my 50% full speed.

It actually feels good to run, and before I would get sharp pains whenever I went for long distance runs!.

:D

Do you run with your dogs? Its fun :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't run because for one Teddy can't stay on a straight path lol and i have bad knees and it gets pretty painful. So i only run in short spurts and then take some advil lol. But I know what you mean. since I have moved to London and been the only one to take care of the dog I have lost about 30+ pounds. just from taking him for long walks and playing with him for a few hours each day.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I don't jog with Dakota but on our walks we always warm up by sprinting, then i just keep a fast pace and he bounds wherever he wants to.
Ive recently taken up biking with him and it's unusual for him since I have never before run him at a single, steady pace. We're starting out with very short distances and working our way up, hopefully by the time hes 2 he will be able to go on decent rides with me instead of short ones.
Having an energetic dog is excellent motivation to get into shape. i like being able to keep up with my dog!

T

tessa_s212

I used to jog alot. I may take my new dog jogging, if I am not spending my time training him in agility, that is. ;)

filarotten

Fila the love
I am going to start jogging around our yard. I used to do this with Roxie and Duke. Then I broke my foot and got lazy.
It should give me and the dogs exercise. How many times will I have to jog around five acres to get me and the dogs in good shape?
I got tired of dealing with the stray dogs in the neighborhood, so I thought I would go back to this.

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
I go for long walks with my dogs. Sometimes I go for more than one walk when I decide to walk each dog on its own. On other words, one dog foreach walk.
With Barny, it is so much fun coz I go roller blading and biking with him. I sometimes let him follow me without a leash when I go biking, and he is so good at keeping close to me.

nedim

Peanut cant run.lol. She sprints at Mach 55 and exerts herself after only a few minutes. I would love a bigger dog to run/jog with.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
When we got Misha I dropped about 2 dress sizes, I think my body went into to shock at all the regular exercise, lol. Certainly was easier than worrying about going on a diet & it backed up my argument that getting a dog would be good for us :)

Fran27

I can't run because of my athsma, but the dogs can't run straight for the life of them anyway...

Brattina88

The Best motivators are my dogs! We don't run, but I think I may start! Instead we go hiking on trails, in the woods, anywhere and everywhere! It's great, I've built up muscles in my back and legs. I have severe scoiliosis, my dr told me when I'm elderly that I might be bed ridden, but he's completely changed his mind with my regular exercise. I also have to admit that I'm eating better now that I've learned about dog foods and their nutrition :eek:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Usually in the winter I just shut myself in and never go outside but now that I have Teddy we have so much fun in the snow :D I love to go out in the winter now and I am disappointed when there is no snow :(

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I don't run I have asthma attacks really easily. But I do walk alot more often then I did beore I got Pixie. And I have to admit it does make me feel better.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
i don't run, but when we're not walking/hiking, i rollerblade or bike with quigley.

nedim - corgis are a herding breed, so don't underestimate peanut just because she has short legs. even my dachshund went jogging with my mom on her regular 6 mile runs and enjoyed running along on bike rides! :)

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
PixieSticksandTricks said:
I don't run I have asthma attacks really easily. But I do walk alot more often then I did beore I got Pixie. And I have to admit it does make me feel better.
I'm the same Pixie, but I walk everyday with mah babies, and I'm in the best shape I've ever been too.

There is a quote, that I can't recall actually where it comes from, but it goes like this,

"If your dog is fat then you're not getting enough excersise"

LOL I love it. I love watching the elderly walk their furkids. I find it very inspirational to see them out and about, spending time with their beloved pets, and keeping themselves healthy.

So many younger people are very lazy these days :( Not all I know, but many are.

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
PixieSticksandTricks said:
I'm the same Pixie, but I walk everyday with mah babies, and I'm in the best shape I've ever been too.

There is a quote, that I can't recall actually where it comes from, but it goes like this,

"If your dog is fat then you're not getting enough excersise"

LOL I love it. I love watching the elderly walk their furkids. I find it very inspirational to see them out and about, spending time with their beloved pets, and keeping themselves healthy.

So many younger people are very lazy these days :( Not all I know, but many are. Dogs really can keep us healthier and not just emotionally either ;)

Members online

No members online now.