The Good News thread

I earned a pretty big promotion today!! I'm now in charge of ALL of the cars in the inventory, plus dealer trades, plus whatever else they'll come up with. I'm earning nearly what I was when I was in sales, but a much more consistent schedule and I HAVE MINIONS. And an official manager title!

And Beauty Brands has their liter sale going on and I got one of two of the last bottles of the shampoo I really wanted.
Congrats

kind of jealous

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah next week it's supposed to hit 101 but I'm not going to think about that....

It's been a really mild summer so far. I hope I don't jinx it.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I CAN READ AGAIN.

I just finished Flygirl. This is awesome. I actually want to read things now. I love reading. Plus, it's easier for me to fall asleep :D

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I was offered an assistant management position and after a lot of deliberation, I took it! It is definitely going to be different. And it's at a different site (unfortunately about twice the drive) so it's gonna be a big change. I've been at this place for 2 years and I love it. So I hope I love this new place just as much if not better! I'm excited for this new step. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer did all four miles tonight! He ran the first mile and a bit with me, then I handed him off to my mom so I could keep my pace up for the next mile, then we all met back up for the loop back.

And the best part is that he was still all bouncy trot to the car and hopped right up into the XT and then spent a half hour chasing Huck around the house when we got back.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Bad news? OH had to run a horse in fredricksburg and is going to be gone all day :(

Why is this in the good news thread? Because I was in a funk and when I was scrolling through my tv guide ... low and behold, AMC is running a marathon of TWD, it was like they knew I needed a distraction/pick me up, thanks AMC :D

Lyzelle

I spent a good amount of time last night setting up a blog. And I like. Wooot. We had been updating people via Facebook about our lives to keep in the loop with family and friends, but sometimes it just wasn't enough. We needed more space. Obviously because we have lots to say.

Also looking around at apartments and houses some more. I'm torn between getting a house of our own now, or waiting until spring when we have more time to look, get settled in, and do what we want with it. Because, honestly. Nothing is happening in the winter! Also save just a tiny bit more so we can splurge on the little things we would like to come with it.

Three day weekend after extra hours all week. WOOOO. I would GLADLY work extra every day if it meant a three day weekend! Also they changed a few things around at work so that is going much better now, and hopefully it'll fix my numbers so I can get into the College of Insurance and make a ridiculous amount of money (for what I'm used to....no, wait...it's really just a ridiculous amount of money). And then MORE house stuff. And baby.

And BeAu's brother is moving out here with us and will be finishing high school out here. So. Wooot. Again. He's a good kid and it'll be nice to have him around the house.

What's that? Is that cancer in the air? FAMILY. AND FEELINGS. SO MUCH CANCER. Also popcorn. Really loving popcorn lately.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I made my mom a carrot cake (her favorite) for her birthday. I'd never even tried carrot cake before, much less made one.

It came out great. Mm. Definitely saving this recipe!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have a new car! Well, used new car. A 2012 Mazda3 hatchback. I really liked the Chevy Cruze we were looking at, but in the end, we decided a hatchback would better suit our needs.

I pray that this stays good news and doesn't become a headache waiting for insurance to take care of my other loan.

SpringerLover

My friend Kristen is here. She is awesome. We trained dogs yesterday, it was great. Yesterday and today we made videos for my job. There is a lot of good and there's also a lot of hilariously terrible.

Assamiea

I was horrible at growing orchids. Killed a bunch and could never get the ones that survived to rebloom, but I love them anyways. After reading up on orchid care and watching a ton of YouTube videos I decided to get some more and give it a try again, and also to see if I could save my last surviving one.

Now I have about 15 of them (ya I went overboard buying them), most in bloom and one that has an offshoot growing off of the spent flower spike I cut. And my oldest guy is thriving and growing new roots.

This has never happened before!! I'm so glad I'm not an orchid mass murderer anymore!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I'm so glad to be working again. It just feels good to have some kind of income and to get out of the house. Plus the people I work with are mostly awesome, so that's really helpful :p

Also, I got 10 hours overtime and part of that was on a holiday! So my paycheck should be AWESOME! :D So excited

Members online