The Good News thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had a very nice conversation with Mike's mom tonight. Considering I've only met her and spoken with her less than a handful of times in the past two years....I consider this a very Big Thing!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Had a very nice conversation with Mike's mom tonight. Considering I've only met her and spoken with her less than a handful of times in the past two years....I consider this a very Big Thing!
That is awesome!!!! A relationship with his mom can be amazing. You hear all the horror stories about MIL (mother in law) but they aren't all bad. I didn't meet my MIL until after we were married (we eloped). We are super close. There are two people I call everyday (other than hubby lol) and that is my mom and my MIL. That doesn't mean we don't get on each others nerves now and again but i love her and she loves me and we really are good friends and family :). I talk to her more than Brian does lol

Brattina88

After tomorrow my life goes back to my weird "normal" :D

But only for 12 more days and then crazy again. *sigh*

Oh, well. YAY FOR TWELVE DAYS ;)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
After not being able to properly focus on it for a year or so, I've made the decision to try jumping into AlliePets full-time for at least six months. :D See if it's a viable option for long-term.

Lyzelle

Despite everything going on, the boyfriend has been pretty amazing the last few days. He has been trying so hard to let me have my space and make peace with everything. He isn't pushing for me to regain my friendship with his ex, he has been focusing his time to moving the last of our stuff and talking it easy himself, leaving the rest to bring back a strong foundation of friendship for us and our relationship.

And the being sick thing goes above and beyond what I would expect. Staying on top of me about vitamins, eating, taking meds and keeping a hellacious fever in check. Bringing me food, soup, coffee, tea.

Sigh.

Saeleofu

I made a new enclosure for Gwyneth, after she nearly chewed her way through her old one. It's much larger, and more importantly much taller! I just switched her over and I LOVE watching her explore all her new stuff. I got a small box set up in the corner in the hopes she'll decide to use it as a litter box, too. I'm considering adding a second mouse, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Not sure where to put this but the good news outweighs the bad news so ... here it is lol.

The van has been having an issue where it starts to overheat when idling. Took it in for service today and get that issue checked out. They just called and the guy says that he has bad news... pretty bad, bad news BUT he also has pretty good news.

Ok give me the bad news first and then the good news will soften the blow lol.

We have a crack in our engine block :eek: That's a $7000 fix. This is kind of scary news because we just took a 1000+ mile round trip to Canada last week with a cracked engine block. We are really really lucky we didn't have any problems. More bad news is the part is coming in from the Midwest so it's going to take a week until I can get my van back.

The good news.... we are still covered under the power train warranty so this isn't going to cost us anything. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I don't know what we would do if we had to fork over $7000 in one shot.

So now I've gotta find a rental car for the week

Members online

No members online now.