Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Barbara!

I'm getting really frustrated. I was having awful back contractions this morning so I called into work thinking "Yeah, today is the day!" and basically saying to wish me luck in labor and I had them for hours and was about to go into the hospital all excited... When I fell asleep and I woke up and they were gone. It's so irritating.

milos_mommy

Yes Barbara...same thing happened to me for over a week before, and my delivery was super easy.

How long did everyone wait before taking their newborns to visit family? We got invited to a family barbecue on Sunday, and I don't know if we should go.

iluvdogs

Have not been on in a while..Congrats you three on your beautiful baby girls!!

Riley is already 7 months old I can't believer it!! He has no teeth yet..lol Took this pic today.

Barbara!

I'm hoping Barbara is having her baby, it has been a few days!
Oh goodness, I wish. No updates in this department except for I'm 3 cm dilated and he is getting evicted this weekend, I hope. Lol. Gunna try to go walking and eat some spicy food and see what happens.

Good luck Barbara! None of that worked for me. The only thing that worked was having my husbands friends surprise us and sleep over and our basement flooding on the same night. Murphy's Law worked!

So Ev's reflux meds didn't seem to be helping as much as I thought they should so I started an elimination diet to see if that helped. It seems to be making a difference as she's been a much happier baby this week. But I am so so hungry and dying for some real food. Here's a typical day:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with rice milk
Lunch: Rice, Chicken, green beans
Snack: Oatmeal cookies
Dinner: Chicken, Beets, Potatoes
Snack: Banana

I do this for two weeks (or less if she's doing well) and then add in one food every four days. Give me strength!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
So Ev's reflux meds didn't seem to be helping as much as I thought they should so I started an elimination diet to see if that helped. It seems to be making a difference as she's been a much happier baby this week. But I am so so hungry and dying for some real food. Here's a typical day:

I do this for two weeks (or less if she's doing well) and then add in one food every four days. Give me strength!
I've not much to add, but my niece had reflux issues as a baby and had to only be on soy formula for her not to huck it all back up. I've no clue as to if that'd help, but figure I'd share anyhow!

Thanks Merico. :) I am determined to keep breastfeeding so this is the price I pay. If I do have to switch to formula, I'll likely try a hypoallergenic type. But we are a long way from that.

Ev is, thankfully, not a puker but has "silent reflux"-- pain without the puke.

Taqroy

Ooooh I'm sorry. :( One of my biggest fears was having to do food elimination (we had many issues with BF'ing but this wasn't one). A friend of mine can't do dairy, wheat, or soy. I have no idea how she's still alive.

milos_mommy

How far along are you, Barbara? The only way I'd try castor oil is to avoid a medical induction...like if I was scheduled to be induced, I might try castor oil first. I've heard it's extremely extremely unpleasant, and you run the risk of getting dehydrated pretty easily. Plus it only works about Half the time.

Barbara!

38 weeks right now. I don't plan on trying it... Just curious I suppose. Don't really like the idea of sitting on the toilet all day. I get bowel problems enough as it is.

Taqroy

I've heard that castor oil inductions affect babies the same way they affect adults - so you end up with meconium in the fluid which can lead to all kinds of other issues. I wouldn't do it.

milos_mommy

I need serious breastfeeding help. We saw a lactation consultant early on who said everything was good, her latch was fine, etc...and my milk would come in soon.

It didn't come in as soon as it should have (it didn't come in until 7 days post partum, even though I exclusively breastfed in the hospital and until 5 days post partum). Lily lost quiet a bit of weight - half a pound - and was dehydrated. So we started supplementing with formula "until my milk came in".

My boobs did the whole get-really-sore-and-hard-and-engorged thing. Andddd that's about it. I'm making SOME milk...more than the little bit of colostrum in the hospital, but it's not enough. If she goes more than 2 hours between feedings, I pump. And I get MAYBE a half ounce of milk.

If I nurse her, she does ok - she latches correctly and drinks, but falls asleep constantly and has to be prodded awake. She'll nurse for up to 15-20 minutes on each side. She doesn't empty my breasts. Then she screams about 20-40 minutes later for more food.

If I give her a bottle, she will sleep afterwards for 3-4 hours. That's when I'll pump. She's taking around 3oz of formula at each feeding after nursing. (or she'll nurse, take the <1oz of pumped milk, and 2oz of formula).

HELP? I feel like my milk isn't coming in because she's nursing so half-heartedly and sleepily? I've been drinking mother's milk tea and just got some fenugreek. Everyone's just saying to wait and my supply will increase, but IT'S NOT AND I'M SO FRUSTRATED.

PS - in the mornings or for some time each day I do nurse her on demand...so she'll nurse for about 10-15 minutes each side and then sleep for 20-30 minutes, then I'll nurse her again...for about 2 hours. It's exhausting.

Members online

No members online now.