Partial raw feeders?

This is something I've been interested in doing as well. I already feed my cats partial raw, so I'm not sure why I've been so wary about doing it with my pom.

I'm sorry if this is a super old overdone question...but I see a lot of people in this thread feeding kibble with raw. Is this totally fine? I'd never known whether that being dangerous was a myth or had any fact to it and never bothered to research it further since the cats get no kibble.
Personally I haven't had any problems mixing them at the same meal. I've fed both ways (same meal and different meals) and I don't notice a difference. I have heard that some dogs do have problems.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I mixed for Scout for a while, but she didn't do so hot on it. It was kinda a $hit show. Literally. Scout's "special" though.

Since freezer space is a concern you mention, I'd like to say that I feed two big dogs, myself, and my two roomies out of the normal sized above the fridge freezer. Scout is like 70lbs now I guesstimate (she was 63.something last time I weighed her in April and she's gained since then) and Lily is always between 47 and 51lbs. I eat a freaking ton of meat myself. I can fit a whole case of 5lb green tripe rolls in there with our regular stuff. ;)

The number one reason I put off feeding raw so long was telling myself I didn't have freezer space. Omg how I've kicked myself over that since finally having been forced to change due to Lily suddenly having bad issues on commercial food.
I don't think she even has a normal sized fridge with freezer on top. I think she has a mini-fridge, with a freezer compartment at the top. If she does, that is seriously small and can hardly hold enough food for one person :p

seashells

Personally I haven't had any problems mixing them at the same meal. I've fed both ways (same meal and different meals) and I don't notice a difference. I have heard that some dogs do have problems.
So if there is an issue it'd probably be with doing them in the same meal? I was thinking of doing kibble+canned for breakfast, and raw for dinner.

So if there is an issue it'd probably be with doing them in the same meal? I was thinking of doing kibble+canned for breakfast, and raw for dinner.
Yes I've heard people say their dogs can't have raw and kibble mixed at the same meal. Mine personally have been fine.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
First day of both and he seems to like it, no tummy issues as of yet. He got Kibble for dinner last night, raw turkey for breakfast and is having kibble for lunch and chicken for dinner.

At this point it's pretty random (raw if we are staying home, kibble if we are on the move) but so far so good

Members online

No members online now.