Dremeling - what tips do you use?

Saeleofu

So what tip do you all use to dremel your dogs' nails?

I have an accessory pack with a ton of different things, so if there's something that works better than what I've been using, I'd like to know!

Same same. I get the kids to lay on the floor, hold the Dremel up close to the head and go to town. I hate it when the thing "catches" and skips. Hence the holding it up near the grinding surface. I usually have my thumb braced against the toe I'm working on, too, for extra control.

Saeleofu

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

I've been using a grey grinding tip all along and it took FOREVER to do nails. I'd seriously spend 30 minutes on a single dog and not make much progress (betweem grinding, letting it cool, etc) and wondered how the hell I was supposed to grind down every toe nail every couple days.

I just switched to a 60 grit sandpaper drum and WOW! I did both dogs' toenails in under 5 minutes. I don't even need to use clippers to take anything off before I grind anymore!

THANK YOU!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

I've been using a grey grinding tip all along and it took FOREVER to do nails. I'd seriously spend 30 minutes on a single dog and not make much progress (betweem grinding, letting it cool, etc) and wondered how the hell I was supposed to grind down every toe nail every couple days.
Were you possibly using a stone drum/ other shape? Stone does heat up super fast. I'm glad you figured out our secret ;)

Saeleofu

Members online

No members online now.