Bernese Mountain dog...I am in love.

bogolove

Ok, I was at the mall and I walked by the pet store. Now you guys know I do NOT condone the pet store at all and that is not even the direction I am going with this anyway. So I am walking along not planning to see - - a Bernese Mountain Dog, a puppy! OMG, I am in love with that breed. It was possibly the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on. I want one so bad. Of course not yet, but one day. I have seen them as puppies in pictures, but not in real life. Holy ball of fur, I want one! I always tell Hubby if he makes me move somewhere really cold (he is from up north, I am from the south) then I NEED on of those dogs as a companion to keep me warm! He just kind of ignores the comment, but I know I am softening him up to the idea. ;)

I really don't know how I will ever decide what dog will be my next b/c there are so many breeds I have researched and I love. I am very indecisive sometimes too, but one thing I did decide quickly was Brady. I bundled that sweet pup in my arms and he tucked his face into my neck and I was doomed to forever love that dog. Well, not doomed.....unless you count the busted lip...... :D

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
i looked into getting one too but they dont live very long :(

bogolove

Yes, I do know that too. That is one of the down sides of it. But I just read on a site where a lady had hers for 13 and a half years, and their normal life expectancy is 10 years. It would be hard to know that when you get one, but really no time is long enough with any of our dogs.

bogolove

2pups622 - That puppy is so cute! He's for sale? On no! I love him! where is he at? i know hubby would not go for it right now, but I am just curious. ;)

bogolove

You know avenlee, my hubby is from Massachusetts so I know how cold it can get there, there would be nothing better than a Bernese Mountain dog in puppy form to keep you warm on those cold winter nights. Plus those dogs love that cold weather! Maybe you should get one and send me pics! ;) ;)

Speaking of Mass., we will be up in Sturbridge (did I spell it right?) at the end of this year for his sister's wedding. I have only been once up there and I am looking forward to visiting again. I had my first ever real clam bake there a few years ago for my hubby's grandfather's 80 th birthday!

Sorry I haven't....not seen her for a few years now. Last time I spoke to her she had about 15 pups! Sounds like hard work! She lives on a farm though so they don't all need walking :)

avenlee

bogolove said:
Speaking of Mass., we will be up in Sturbridge (did I spell it right?) at the end of this year for his sister's wedding. I have only been once up there and I am looking forward to visiting again. I had my first ever real clam bake there a few years ago for my hubby's grandfather's 80 th birthday!
I'm about an hour from Sturbridge, maybe even closer. Its very pretty up there! Hope your coming out during the fall leaf changing peak. The colors are really gorgeous at that time.

bogolove

avenlee - No, I won't be there until December. But I am still really excited. I am in her wedding and she picked these red bridesmaid dresses that are just gorgeous and her dress is white with red accents. I think it will be a beautiful winter wedding. She is having the reception at the Sturbridge Inn. Supposedly it is really pretty. My hubby is from Boylston, are you close to there?

Puppy

Bernese Mountain Dog!
i no its a bit late but ive read that if you see a bernese mountain dog in a pet shop, its not right. i mean that its illegal or something,or they have been stolen.i read that they arn't aloud to be sold like that,ill try and find the link.

Members online

No members online now.