min pins

can any one give a detailed describtion of this breed.. i keep reading diffrent things.. and id just like to know what everyone thinks from expierience.. thanx.. raymond

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
They originated in Germany they are proud vigerous and alert and they are feisty loyal intellligent dogs fond of its owner a good little guard dog these are great little dogs all in all they can be snappy not to the owner of course but to strangers and are a one family dog and usually keep to them selves when strangers are around they are small toy dogs and are usually not recommended for house holds with children present due to their size and the ability of children to be rough they have a short coat and don't need to be groomed regularly need an moderate amount of exercise so if you are single or married without children this may be a good breed for you oh by the way they do like to bark and they are not related to the Doberman Pinscher

pitbulliest

They were used as rat hunters in germany but now they're just companion dogs. I used to have one. He was an excellent little dog. They can become quite hyper and excited at times, and they have alot of energy...so don't think that just because they're small they can sit around the house all day. Mine was always on his feet and interested in doing something....ANYTHING.

They are smart little dogs as well, and just like agilitydobemom said, very loyal dogs. They have amazing character. I personally didn't find my dog to be snappy at all...he wasn't submissive though either. They like to challenge bigger dogs as they do have quite the fiesty little attitude. If you're looking for a dog, it all depends on your lifestyle, how you see yourself living in the future, and what you have in mind when you think of a dog.

from 1 - 10 (ten being the easiest) where is this breed at as far as housetraining??

and then hwere is it as far as obiedience training?? thnx

raymond

A Miniature Pinscher can really spice up a person's life. This dog is small, but don't tell him--he doesn't know it. He's quick and active, with a lively curiosity, and feels he's quite important. He thoughtfully looks out for his family, bravely challenging intruders with his bold, insistent bark.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
But My friend use to have one named Cricket. that dog was the most hyper dog I have ever met. She had to be put in a kennel when they were gone because she chewed up everything. (Seperation anxiety) She was hard to house-train .I dont know much about the breed..I have never had one. Only mixes with Min Pins. My Mix was a greatdog. She had Rat Terrier in her too though. But I would give them a 6 or 7.

If you want a profile on them go to www.dogfancy.com or www.yourpurebredpuppy.com. (The purebredpuppy will give you all of the cons and pros to owning one.)
I wanted to give you more info than those two websites but since I've never owned/met one before and since I couldn't find my book that has a detailed profile on them I couldn't be much more help...sorry......But congrats on trying to find more out about the breed before you go out and buy one! :D

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
They seem to be smart little dogs you can almost compare them to a Jack Russel or a pomeranian
I have heard they are hard to house break but I think most small dogs in general are
I have seen a lot participating in obidience, agility and flyball
Just remember to scialize and employ NILIF training (nothing in life is free) Serena could tell you more about that
You should have a happy healthy pup

pitbulliest

Also keep in mind that every dog is an individual, and don't always count on breed descriptions for all the answers. With every breed comes responsibility. You need time, money, and some good old fashioned research before you decide to get a dog.

Good luck.

Rose's Gal said:
If you want a profile on them go to www.dogfancy.com or www.yourpurebredpuppy.com. (The purebredpuppy will give you all of the cons and pros to owning one.)
I wanted to give you more info than those two websites but since I've never owned/met one before and since I couldn't find my book that has a detailed profile on them I couldn't be much more help...sorry......But congrats on trying to find more out about the breed before you go out and buy one! :D
yeah dogfancy is confuing me.. i short on comman since so if neone wants to walk me thru it id smile at you lol.. raymond thnx (not shining a very brght lite on the teenage generation huh?? lol)

Members online

No members online now.