Dog Herding Clinic - MANY pics and vids!!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I explained that my Border Collie was a Fila Brasileiro I got no further answers to e-mails.
Maybe if you dye her black and white??

Actually, I wouldn't be too eager to work with a BC trainer. BC's have such a unique style and the BC trainers I've known try to make all breeds that come their way work like a BC...which just ain't gonna happen when you have a corgi.

Maybe if you dye her black and white??

Actually, I wouldn't be too eager to work with a BC trainer. BC's have such a unique style and the BC trainers I've known try to make all breeds that come their way work like a BC...which just ain't gonna happen when you have a corgi.
Yah, what I was really wanting was to learn how to train with her to work on command, take directions, and stop when I need her to stop.

She has more instinct than any dog I've ever seen, bar none, and can't be buffaloed by even the most aggressive cow or bull. She'd be unbeatable if her silly-assed owner had a clue about how to direct her ;)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Renee, crap girl! Do you know how many good herding trainers are in your area (VA, NC, KY, MO)? Haha, I'd be gone every weekend if I lived up in your area. :p Virgil Holland (KY), Robin French (NC), Kent Kuykendall (NC), David and Christine Henry (VA), Dr. Karen Thompson (VA), and Alasdair MacRae (MO).

I think it's cool your OES does herding. You'll have to keep us updated on your progress is you continue to do herding. My trainer works with a GSD in herding on a regular basis, it's so cool to watch. Since it's alot different than a BC, she's just getting him to take directional commands, respect the sheep, and be aware of who's really in charge (owner).

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
Since it's alot different than a BC, she's just getting him to take directional commands, respect the sheep, and be aware of who's really in charge (owner).
it's that last one he has any issue with :)
i'm sure he does know how to herd the sheep better than mommy.... but mommy wants to help too!!

Members online

No members online now.