Maya's new headgear! *PIC*

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
sorry about the quality- cellphone picture... lol

I have been using the Gentle Leader head collar with Maya with FABULOUS results! Not only has it stopped her pulling, but it seems to have ended her "brat" phase..(ie: the im not doing ANYTHING you say becuase I dont wanna and you dont have a treat!)

Im trying to get a video...but im not sure how successfull I will be at that...

but at least I brought a picture!!! lol

AND WE HAVE VIDEO!! (again, cellphone quality)
Yes I know she is thin. There is a part in here were she stretches funny or something but you can see where her ribs end... it's not normally like that with her. She has started to gain some weight, slowely. She's not where I want her, but we are working on that.

Last edited:

Tenebrion

Ok, that's it, im getting Brute one. I've seen tons of people who say they work great. Now i gotta get one. She's so pretty! very slender and sleek. You may not like the photo but she's beautiful.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Thank you!
Yes Maya is VERY sleek and Slender... very petite for a doberman.

Yes, I am very happy with the results from the Gentle Leader, but please do know, that I used it as a last result after trying everything else I could think of to stop Maya's pulling. She pulled like a freight train.
The Gentle Leader CAN cause serious injury if not used correctly. Please do your research before putting the Gentle Leader on your dog. (I really dont mean to preach, but after doing my research on this collar, I know the possible results)

Tenebrion

Oh not a problem at all, I'd rather know there's a possibility for injury than go into it blind... I'll see what i can find out and go from there... Brute pulls pretty good when he's jazzed up to go to the park, but I'll see about investigating the lead first.

Thanks for the warning.

Hillside

Original Twin
Thank you!
Yes Maya is VERY sleek and Slender... very petite for a doberman.
And you know who else is very petite for a Doberman? :lol-sign: Oh Miss Saga. *sidenote* For anyone who doesn't know, Saga and Maya are most likely sisters from different litters, but the same parents. ;) We are about 99.9% sure about that.*

So when do we get to have a family reunion? It will, of course, be chapperoned by Ms. Ilsa.

Saga pulls a bit, but not too bad, she isn't half the monster about it that her big brother is.

It's awesome to see Maya videos.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Hillside- Reunion--- SOON! I am almost done with school! (it's my last week!) So it will be soon.

Chanda- thanks :) she is doing good.

We are getting geared up for doggy bootcamp '08. She needs it lol.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
looks like those snout piece is not adjusted correctly - it should just barely touch the beginning of the nose on the snout. Otherwise the dog can learn to escape it.

also, the other strap goes almost directly behind the ears, and is quite tight, not down on the neck like that... it should have come with a DVD, it shows how to correctly fit the device on the dog.

ACooper

She looks great, I don't think we see enough pics of her :D I hope it continues to do well for you.

I tried one for Orson when he was about 8-9 months old. It worked great for a little while, THEN he started pulling anyway and it scared the crap out of me.........I didn't want to take a chance with his neck and wobblers or other injuries. It sits in a storage bin with the no pull harness :p

I much prefer his prong collar :)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
LOL! She's cute! I tried that thing on T-Bone and she simply refused to walk with it. She'd throw herself on the ground and dig her snout into the dirt and make snorting noises like 30 pigs. :rolleyes: Stubborn little bitch! :p

perla123

I have tried the Gentle Leader and the Halti and I think the Halti is better. they both have the same purpose but I think the halti is more comfortable for the dog and if something happened in a situation where your dogs snaps it actually closes their mouth.

I agree with Suzzie the GL was put on the wrong way. The neck part should be right behind the ears and tight enough so that 2 fingers fit in. and the nose part should be tighter also enough so they can drink and grab a tennis ball.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Thanks for the help....
THe one I have is a wal-mart brand, so it didnt come with a instructional DVD. I followed the directions on the packaging, and I thought I had it correct. I will adjust it.
Thanks again :)

SpringerLover

Good luck with it... I LOVE mine.

Once the dog is comfortable with it on and adjusted to it... it's such a great tool (and I admit that I use that tool whenever I walk more than one dog at a time).

Once it's fitted properly, I'm sure it will work even better! :) ;)

noludoru

Bored Now.
Awww, MAYA! You're such a purdy girlie. :)

I'm sorry you're still having weight issues with her... *sigh* Maybe when she gets older she'll be able to gain some weight.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Nolu- Hopefully... she is sloooowwwllllyyyyyy putting it on.
ETA- Im about ready to just dump a bunch of food into a big bowl and let her eat as much as she wants.. (jk) but I am thinking of feeding her twice as much as she is getting now, just maybe in 4 meals a day instead of 2... dont know though...

Members online

No members online now.