Pneumonia in Dogs

My rescue dog Delilha (Now called Sascha) had pneumonia I'm sure you all remember me talking about it! She's doing really well now. Had 2 1/2 weeks of antibiotics. All symptoms have cleared up apart from a cough. She doesnt cough too much only really when excited! The vet doesnt want to give her any more tablets. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences of dogs with pneumonia and could help?? Any advice etc would be great!

Barb04

Super Moderator
How is Sascha doing?

What kind of medication did your vet have her on?

I wish I could help with advice.

although she has had her round of antibiotics, it will time for the pneumonia to completely clear. It is a serious illness, and takes time to get over. Maintain her nutrition and fluid, and she will slowly get better.

Sascha is doing really well. A very excitable lively puppy! The vet had her on Marbocyl P Antibiotics.
As I say the only thing concerning us now is her cough because we dont want the infection to come back!
But she's a lively pup so hopefully will definately pull through.
Thanks.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'll be keeping Sascha in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My friend Kelly adopted a small dog from the shelter that came home with a serious respitory infection. It took a couple weeks but Della is now fancy free except when she she is really excited then she has a cough. This must be a monster of a virus that is going around to take so long to leave. I know there was a man that bought a puppy from a petstore that spent i think a grand before his puppy was on the mend.

Members online

No members online now.