2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
You look great Paige! Can I say that without sounding like a creepy old man? :rofl1: Great job to you, too Tanya! I haven't run a 4 mile race in 20+ years. For someone who isn't really a "runner", you put up a great time.

Finished the "Lower Body" 10 minute trainer workout about 30 minutes ago. Legs always feel like jelly after that one. It's paying off, though. My calves, thighs and especially the muscles over the shins (Daughter reminds me that they are the "anterior tibialus" muscles - she had anatomy last semester) all have great definition and are solid. Having strong legs and core will go a LONG way toward making the umpiring this year easier. By game three of a tournament, when you can barely stand, it's tough to get into your down stance for the pitch. Getting them stronger now will make those later games more manageable.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My green juice lunch was..

-2 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- Some kale leaves
- 2 small green apples
- A branch of large brocolli

and it turned out really yummy! :)

Last edited:

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Not my official weigh in day today but....

40 pounds lost as of this morning. That's right, the scale put me below 250 as of this morning. Of course, we'll see how the rest of the week goes for my official weigh-in date this weekend.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

40 pounds lost as of this morning. That's right, the scale put me below 250 as of this morning. Of course, we'll see how the rest of the week goes for my official weigh-in date this weekend.
That is awesome Eddie :D

Congratulations

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished today workouts.

25 minute Ab Sculpt and last minute Hips, buns and thighs, that's only 5 minutes but it's INTENSE

JacksonsMom

That's amazing! Congrats!

JacksonsMom

My green juice lunch was..

-2 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- Some kale leaves
- 2 small green apples
- A branch of large brocolli

and it turned out really yummy! :)
i'm not gonna lie, I think that looks gross! LOL, I am SO not a veggie person. How do you find it tastes? I mean, is it very obvious that you're drinking veggies? I cannot stand the taste of them, and feel like I'd have to mix in something else to aid the taste.

our blender is broken, so I need a new one, but was thinking about maybe adding some veggies to a smoothie but still using fruits, for the taste LOL...

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
That is awesome Eddie :D

Congratulations
That's amazing! Congrats!
Thank ladies! It's certainly nice to feel like I'm making progress. I figure I put down the 6 year old I've been carrying around. Or 2 bowling balls, or whatever you want to equate to that much weight.

As for today, I finished two workouts: Cardio this afternoon and lower body this evening (while working back stage at the dress rehearsal for the high school presentation of South Pacific in between). Heart monitor puts me at 450 calories burned between the two workouts. I'll take it.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
i'm not gonna lie, I think that looks gross! LOL, I am SO not a veggie person. How do you find it tastes? I mean, is it very obvious that you're drinking veggies? I cannot stand the taste of them, and feel like I'd have to mix in something else to aid the taste.

our blender is broken, so I need a new one, but was thinking about maybe adding some veggies to a smoothie but still using fruits, for the taste LOL...
Lol it looks a lot worse than it is.
I HATE veggies. Hate them. I can force down spinach, MAYBE some baby tomatoes but that's seriously IT unless it's very well hidden in pasta sauce or something :rofl1:

That said, I don't mind the taste of the juice. I mean, it's no milk shake but it's A LOT better than I thought it would be. I don't mind drinking it.

Personally I just use a straw and I'm all done in like 10 seconds. Hardly taste a thing really, I just suck it down.

For taste I sometimes add pineapple or green apples or some carrot but honestly, even without it just tastes like..green stuff.. :rofl1: I dunno but it's not BAD. Certainly better than eating them ever was.

Honestly, give it a shot. Use a straw and really..it's not as bad as you think it's gonna be. I found EATING veggies 10000000 times worse.

Upside? It's really good for you,your daily serving of veggies in one go, plus it keeps me so full and I actually have ENERGY all day. No more 1 PM hunger pains or "I need to take a nap" feelings at 2 o'clock. It seems to just kind of even me out really well.

People argue with me all the time about the upsides of actually eating veggies (which no doubt there are) but frankly, I'm not going to do it, the idea of chewing and swallowing as many veggies as I'm ingesting now makes me want to hurl. So this is a great solution for me.

JacksonsMom

Lol it looks a lot worse than it is.
I HATE veggies. Hate them. I can force down spinach, MAYBE some baby tomatoes but that's seriously IT unless it's very well hidden in pasta sauce or something :rofl1:

That said, I don't mind the taste of the juice. I mean, it's no milk shake but it's A LOT better than I thought it would be. I don't mind drinking it.

Personally I just use a straw and I'm all done in like 10 seconds. Hardly taste a thing really, I just suck it down.

For taste I sometimes add pineapple or green apples or some carrot but honestly, even without it just tastes like..green stuff.. :rofl1: I dunno but it's not BAD. Certainly better than eating them ever was.

Honestly, give it a shot. Use a straw and really..it's not as bad as you think it's gonna be. I found EATING veggies 10000000 times worse.

Upside? It's really good for you,your daily serving of veggies in one go, plus it keeps me so full and I actually have ENERGY all day. No more 1 PM hunger pains or "I need to take a nap" feelings at 2 o'clock. It seems to just kind of even me out really well.

People argue with me all the time about the upsides of actually eating veggies (which no doubt there are) but frankly, I'm not going to do it, the idea of chewing and swallowing as many veggies as I'm ingesting now makes me want to hurl. So this is a great solution for me.
Lol, awesome, ok thanks. Since you're a mostly 'veggie hater' too, I will take your word for it. I NEED veggies and like you, never can see myself eating the proper amount each day.

The only way I get ANY veggies in is if they're mixed in (like in soup, or been cooking in a crock pot all day with roast beef, lol). So I think the juicer is going to have to be my only solution.

I need to buy a juicer now and a blender.

Paige

Let it be
Woop woop for 40lbs down!

and I just force myself to eat veggies. Months of doing so I now like them.

JacksonsMom

Woop woop for 40lbs down!

and I just force myself to eat veggies. Months of doing so I now like them.
You're much braver than I, LOL.

Finally feeling 100% since the stomach virus brought me down a week ago today. I walked 3 miles, and then let Jackson play for an hour in the dog park. Did the 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio from Hip Hop Abs for the first time today... ahh it was so much fun! LOL... and I was made aware at how ridiculously uncoordinated I am, but thankfully I was alone :rofl1: Super fun tho! I think I'm going to rotate to keep it exciting and do the 30 day shred every other day, and this in between. Oh, also did more dancing earlier with the lil sis for 20 mins or so.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
You're much braver than I, LOL.

Finally feeling 100% since the stomach virus brought me down a week ago today. I walked 3 miles, and then let Jackson play for an hour in the dog park. Did the 30 minute Fat Burning Cardio from Hip Hop Abs for the first time today... ahh it was so much fun! LOL... and I was made aware at how ridiculously uncoordinated I am, but thankfully I was alone :rofl1: Super fun tho! I think I'm going to rotate to keep it exciting and do the 30 day shred every other day, and this in between. Oh, also did more dancing earlier with the lil sis for 20 mins or so.
AWESOME. so glad you are enjoying it :D

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
It's been a rough workout week. I'm still eating right, but I've been finding myself too busy even for the 10 minute trainer stuff. The school musical is this week (opening show was a 1:30 matinee today) and I'm heading up the stage crew (also known as herding cats). Lots of late night rehearsals. On top of that, I've developed a corn or something on my left little toe, so some moves in the workouts hurt like hell.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I made an executive decision and decided to take my rest day yesterday. With lady issues and such a busy day I felt like if I had to squeeze in one more thing my head was going to explode lol. normally my rest day is today because it's my busiest day of the week but God cleared the way for me and co op ended up being cancelled due to sewer issues in the area.

So I just did 40 minutes of total body burn :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, the toe felt pretty good today. I wore the sneakers I use for working the bases when I umpire, which are a little wider in the toe box. Much better without rubbing through the day.

After being on my feet for 3+ hours during tonight's show, though, I went ahead and did my cardio routine. I should have planned differently because I was baked and couldn't bring it all. Still, the heart rate got up and stayed up, about 200 calories for the 11 minutes. I'll take that.

Weigh in coming up. We'll see...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished my 45 minutes of Total Body Burn. My muscles are shaking lol. especially my arms. love it.

Just for fun since it's "Flex Friday" haha here is my flexing photo

and here is a shot from December before I got back on the fitness wagon, just for comparison. I do have a side by side shot of my before and after photos (after being where I am not... not at my target goal yet lol) but I am in a tank ini and it's not very pretty lol

Edit: would help if I actually posted two different photos lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just tallied up my workouts so far this week, and on the low side (without my computer I can't import my runs from my GPS watch, so the calories were just guesstimates) I burned 1423.
I have 4.5 miles to run tonight (probably 520-ish) and a 6 miler tomorrow (will approach if not pass 700 calories.)

That's a total of 2460 calories this week.

Yeeeeah THAT'S why I'm supposed to be eating so frickin' much.
And also why I'm ravenous. Often.

We all got food for lunch (I had a huge order this morning!) and we're sitting here eating it, and I'm devouring twice as much as my male co-workers. One of whom is a quite tall man.
Don't judge me. >=| Gotta fuel them runs.

Last edited:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I like Flex Friday, I want to play. But taking a selfie of yourself flexing is hard!

And back muscles too (yes I am well aware I look like a boy.)

Members online

No members online now.