for every1 who is interested in dog grooming

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
hello, I posted a photo of Melon yesterday, and wanted to post few more of the whole grooming session that she had in my friend's house...here are they,

SHAPING THE HEAD

MY FRIEND'S POODLE -MILLA- HAVING A NAP WHILE MELON IS HAVING HER HAIR DONE

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BATH ME??

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
ALL WET!!

I BETTER SHUT MY EYES UNTIL IT IS ALL OVER!!

TADAAAAA!! SHE IS ALL DONE!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
she looks better than what my poodle looks like, although I'm not a professional. I try very hard to atleast make her "presentable".

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
juliefurry said:
she looks better than what my poodle looks like, although I'm not a professional. I try very hard to atleast make her "presentable".
I really like your poodle's hairl cut. At least you know how to do it. I really don't know -I will learn that from my friend; she is not a professional too, but knowing how to do it is better than not having a clue of how to do it-

Once I tried to be smart and give her a hair cut myself, but she didn't look like a poodle -she looked really funny-, so I shaved her from head to toe which made her look as if she comes from a different breed -not a pure poodle- for me she was like a labradoodle....From that day, I decided to never touch her hair. My friend is the one who does that:p

So you should be happy. I really love youor dog's hairl cut:)

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
She's looking lovely! :)

I just recently obtained a job working at a dog grooming salon (I wash and brush dogs) and I have a tip. We get in a LOT of poodles, and to make their coat look really soft and fluffy we use brushes with metal teeth and brush the hair 'against the grain'. You'll be surprised what a difference this makes, the poodle's coat doesn't look wavy anymore after brushing it this way.

T

tessa_s212

Grooming is so fun and easy! I groom 7 of our eight cockers mostly by my self. We don't have them in a show clip, but we clip their faces, necks, and backs, along with the fur between their toe pads. We do trim their bevels(bottoms of legs) like a show cocker though. :D

Drying the dog ALL THE WAY by hand (don't let it air dry) straightens poodle hair. Using a slicker brush (what Swiftwind was talking about) helps to fluff the coat out more, but drying the dog completely REALLY helps to make the puppy look like it was done by a professional!

Members online