Your dog's relatives?

Maxy24

Tucker was born in a foster home, a litter of three and one didn't make it. His mother was found loose in TN, she was wandering with a male, another Chihuahua mix, that they think might be the dad. I've got in contact with the owner of Tuckers brother a few times, I forgot to this Christmas but I'll probably send them another e-mail soon. From what I've heard his brother also has fear issues, though I'm not sure to what extent. I'd really love for them to meet each other again, the brother lives in MA as well, though not super close.

This was the mom, Tenille.

and probable dad, Captain

They were adopted together to an older man in TN, here are a few more pics (all of their pics are from petfinder)

This is his brother Chip's picture from petfinder, mom actually picked him as her first choice-

This was Tucker for comparison-

And here are the pictures Chip's owners sent to me over the summer

This Tucker around the same time for comparison-

kady05

Yup, I know Wilson & Sako's relatives!

Some of these pictures suck, sorry.

Wilson's..

Mom,

Dad,

Brothers,

(bottom)

And that's it for him! He was from a big litter, wish I knew more of the puppy owners. Onto Sako..

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
and probable dad, Captain

They were adopted together to an older man in TN, here are a few more pics (all of their pics are from petfinder)

This is his brother Chip's picture from petfinder, mom actually picked him as her first choice-

This was Tucker for comparison-

And here are the pictures Chip's owners sent to me over the summer

This Tucker around the same time for comparison-
I can definitely see Tucker's dad in both of the puppies! They're all adorable :)

SarahHound

Here's Lucy with her brother and sister, Flynn and Smidge

The Sunnyside Greyhound Trio! by Niseag, on Flickr
she is the middle one.

Smidge

Flynn

Found some more! I had never actually seen these before.

This is Lucy's Dad
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=1124166&nm=2&time=1312717135

Lucy's Mum
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=623393&nm=3&time=1312714447
she looks a lot like her.

Her grandfather on her mothers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=188490&time=1312710691
she looks a lot like him too.

Grandfather on fathers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=196039&time=1312721073

Grandmother on fathers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=24154&time=1312715627

Last edited:

Snark

Mutts to you
Lots of good looking family on here! SarahHound - Love the brindle trio and that last photo of Todd and Phoebe is just too darned cute!

All of my dogs were foundlings, so no photos of relatives. *sigh* Can I make a case for reincarnation? ;)

Riley, compared to Teddy, my grandmother's dog when she was a teenager...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Lots of good looking family on here! SarahHound - Love the brindle trio and that last photo of Todd and Phoebe is just too darned cute!

All of my dogs were foundlings, so no photos of relatives. *sigh* Can I make a case for reincarnation? ;)

Riley, compared to Teddy, my grandmother's dog when she was a teenager...
I know you've posted that before, but holy crap that's nuts.

kady05

SarahHound

Found some more! I had never actually seen these before.

This is Lucy's Dad
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=1124166&nm=2&time=1312717135

Lucy's Mum
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=623393&nm=3&time=1312714447
she looks a lot like her.

Her grandfather on her mothers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=188490&time=1312710691
she looks a lot like him too.

Grandfather on fathers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=196039&time=1312721073

Grandmother on fathers side
http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?showpic=24154&time=1312715627

Toller_08

I had known both of the Dobermans' parents, but unfortunately both are no longer with us (dam died of liver failure at 5yrs old [not genetic though] & sire died suddenly of DCM at 7 1/2yrs old). I loved their parents. Especially their dam, Shelby. She was just a special, once in a lifetime sort of dog and I was heartbroken when she passed. Almost felt like one of my own. Their sire was a nice dog temperament wise, too. I really liked him. Conformationally he wasn't quite my type, but he was still a handsome dog.

I know a couple of their aunts and uncles as well (a few no longer with us thanks to DCM), and I know some of their great aunts and uncles as well. I'd known their grandma.

I know most of Ripley's siblings and most of Keira's siblings, too. There is only one in Ripley's litter who I don't get to see (one sister lives out of town), and two in Keira's litter (one brother and one sister out of town). I am glad I ended up with the dogs I did. Their siblings are nice, but one of Keira's sisters is kind of a nut job and a dog I could not live with, the other is very bossy and bitchy and would have been a disaster with Dance, and the other is overly happy and in your face. Keira may not be perfect, but she's the only girl out of that litter that fits in our house temperamentally. The last dog mentioned I could live with, but I do prefer Keira's much more reserved and observant temperament. One sister has a couple of points I believe, but isn't being shown anymore (wanted to spay her and because of the DCM, her breeder wasn't going to breed her). She is a fantastic Agility dog. Keira's two brothers I know are very nice, very similar to Ripley actually.

I like most of Ripley's brothers. Three are too soft for me to live with, though. One looks like a girl, haha. Poor guy. He's super cute though. I like Ripley the best conformationally as well. The other boys all took after their sire and are shorter/stockier than he is. His sisters are nice. The one in particular is very pretty. I wish Keira looked like her. She'd have done really well in the conformation ring I think, but she's a much loved pet and Flyball dog. I like that, again, Ripley is more reserved and observant than most of his siblings.

Keira and Ripley are siblings as well, from a repeat breeding. They aren't really anything alike. They don't really look alike, they don't act alike for the most part. They're very different from one another.

It's nice being so close to your breeder and becoming friends with them. I know so many Dobermans, and it's interesting to see how they compare with me two, as most of them are related somehow. I really like being able to know their littermates in particular. It's interesting to see how they're similar/different... and actually, there are more differences than similarities, which surprised me.

I don't know most of Dance's relatives. I've met one sister and got to know her dam a bit, and I know a couple other dogs related to her, but I wish I knew her littermates. I'd love to see what the rest of them grew up to look like, and I'd love to know what they're like in temperament as well. The one sister I know is not much like Dance at all. I inadvertently met Dance's sire in 2005 at an Agility trial I was watching, and he seemed nice. I didn't pay much attention, though, as I had no idea he was going to be my dog's sire in a couple years. Dance is similar to her dam in some ways (barky and strange with people), but seems much more outgoing and driven than she is. I have seen two of Dance's siblings from a prior litter (Dance is from a repeat breeding), and the one seems similar. The woman who used to own the one older sister always says Dance is like a shrunken version of her. Not sure what that dog's temperament is like, though. They sound similar though. And the older brother I met is more people confident than Dance, but otherwise seems similar as well. But a lot bigger. I almost forgot! I know Dance's grandma (on her sire's side) as well. I can only hope that Dance is still as spunky and full of life at 13 as her grandma is.

Here are two of Ripley's brothers:

(Daimler at 2yrs)

(Bishop at 7 months)

Grandma (Keira's as well):

Another relative (uncle somewhere I think), a couple days before he died of bloat (10yrs):

Another relative (8yrs old):

Shelby (dam):

Magnum (sire):

And Keira and Ripley:

And I have all of Ripley's littermates as puppies here. Those are mostly from when they were still at their breeder's house, though.

Here is Dance's grandma:

A half sister:

A couple more in a new post...

Last edited:

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I met and befriended the owner of Menchi's litter-sister on a shar pei online forum :)

We exchange emails and pictures. Menchi's sister's name is Annabel and the she reminds me a lot of their mom Presto in looks.

This is Ms Annabel

In Watson's case I have met his mom Amy (Laurel's Can't tame me) and his brothers Hooligan and Morris as well as his sister and some of his extended family.

Here is a picture of wee baby Watson and his sibs...

Sekah

The Monster.
Sire: Tyson

Dam: Ringer

Unfortnately I don't have any photos of Cohen's siblings. Wish I did!

Toller_08

There we go! Chaz stopped working for me when I was making me new post.

Dance's littermate sister:

Dance's dam:

Sire (photo taken by new owner - he lives in Europe now):

Dance's older brother:

Another half sister:

A niece:

And of course, Dance!

I think she definitely take's after her sire more than anything.

Snark

Mutts to you
I know you've posted that before, but holy crap that's nuts.
I do need to retake Riley's photo - his chest and neck have gotten heavier since that photo, so I think he's getting closer to Teddy. Have I ever mentioned I also look more like my grandmother than I look like my mom? *cue Twilight Zone music* :)

Paige

Let it be

Spanky, Bandit's littermate. I owned him for the first two years of his life but when I got ill my mom didn't want to take care of him. It wasn't fair to Spanky and he now lives with an awesome woman who adores him to bits. Bandit and Spanky live much better lives separated as they were not happy dogs living in the same house.

They look pretty similar but that's where the like-ness stops. Bandit is a lot more mellow and serious. Spanky is one of those happy-go-lucky types.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have a full pedigree somewhere... Here's a few of my favorite Mia relatives.

All photos belong to the breeder.

Sire Ch Flash SOM:

Dam: Gucci

Grandma Cowgirl (Gucci's mom... I think Mia, Gucci, and Cowgirl all look a lot alike)

Brother Ch Monkey

Brother Dallas (I love his look)

Uncle Ch Prince

Uncle Astro (half brother to Flash)

Uncle Chase (Astro's littermate and half brother to Flash)

I wish Mia were as awesome as those two! I'm lost on how many MACHs they have (and their other sister Cher). I think Astro may be MACH11 now and Chase is at least MACH10. Chase made the US world agility team for two years. I might would kill for a papillon from their breeder, lol.

Members online

No members online now.