How often do you bathe/shower?

Fran27

I saw this on another forum and I was surprised to see that it's all over the place.

I usually shower every other day, and wash in the sink in between. My hair gets gross after 1.5 day though and I need to figure out how to stop it (I'm sure it was mentioned in the shampoo thread...). But my skin gets really dry.

Kids get bathed every 3 days but we still wipe their butts 5 times a day or something ridiculous (they don't know how to wipe yet :rolleyes:) and I swear their hair never gets dirty. Obviously they get washed more if stinky.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Everyday. Once a day.

I only shampoo every 3 days (so on shampoo days, I shower at night so I have time to properly wash, condition, blow-dry etc.. without my morning rush) I love my shampoo days because I do all the self-care stuff that takes time. (cut/polish nails, leave in conditioner, eye brows, face mask, exfoliate, etc..)

and on no-shampoo days, I just do a quick shower in the morning! My hair is what takes up most of my time in there so without that it's just shaving the legs, arm pits, wash my face, body wash, rinse..done! I prefer to shower in the morning :) wakes me up!

I used to shower more often than once a day! but I've learned to not need to shower every time I sweat! lol after a run/work-out, if I've already showered that day.. I'll do a quick body rinse or baby wipe through all sweaty areas and go on with my day.

At least once a day, depending on what I'm doing or how I feel or if I need to think. There's something about running water, I unwind in a hot shower and it often brings on epiphanies and helps my thoughts flow. When I kept a fountain running on the hearth in my bedroom I slept better and had better access to getting answers/clarity/foresight in my dreams.

Lyzelle

I'm currently only washing my hair 1-2 times a week, depending on if I'm going anywhere or not. I'll take a hot bath almost every night just to unwind.

I can't stand my greasy nasty hair getting wet but not washed, though. So I find it unbearable to get in a shower and not wash my hair.

Can't wait to dye it darker and get rid of this red until my hair gets healthy again. Then I can wash my hair EVERY DAY. WOOOO.

milos_mommy

It kind of varies, actually. Anywhere from twice a day to every other day. I wash my hair like every 3 days, and that's a generous estimate, 4 or 5 isn't unreasonable. Since I went shampoo free and then switched to sulfate free, my hair never gets greasy, and it never seems to smell, either. Unless I do something super-dirty or get REALLY sweaty like hair-dripping sweaty, it doesn't need to be washed often.

I mostly shower a lot because it's relaxing. If I'm busy or not feeling too stressed, I don't shower every day.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
As soon as I feel gross. Sometimes it's every few days, sometimes it's daily. I don't wash my hair more than twice a week usually but I loathe body hair so I shave frequently.

Paige

Let it be
I dont know. At least 4 times a week. That could be twice a day though and leave it for 2-3 days or it could be once every day. It also depends on how smelly the kids are as I shower with both of them.

BostonBanker

Every day, in the evening. I can't stand getting into bed without being freshly washed. It is very rare that I don't wash my hair daily. I always hear you don't have to, but mine gets greasy fast if I don't. It's often shoved up under a riding helmet, which I am sure doesn't help.

I work with animals so I shower every day. Sometimes if I'm just kicking it at home I'll go a couple of days. I only wash my hair once weekly as I've got really thick, curly hair.

milos_mommy

Your hair gets greasy fast IF you wash it every day. If you were to stop washing it every day, the grease would build up for a few days and it would look really greasy for a week or two, but then your scalp would stop producing so much oil and it wouldn't get greasy in between washes.

When I cut back on shampooing, I brushed baby powder through my hair to absorb the oil, and washed it with baking soda every two days.

Lyzelle

Your hair gets greasy fast IF you wash it every day. If you were to stop washing it every day, the grease would build up for a few days and it would look really greasy for a week or two, but then your scalp would stop producing so much oil and it wouldn't get greasy in between washes.

When I cut back on shampooing, I brushed baby powder through my hair to absorb the oil, and washed it with baking soda every two days.
I tried that, but my hair is too fine and scalp too sensitive. It still gets greasy every single day(while either drying out or breaking out my scalp), and I can't use any products on my hair or it gets weighed down. That includes baby powder and dry shampoo.

I can deal with greasy hair around the house, but no way would I go out on anything less than just-washed hair.

zoe08

Usually every other day. More if I get sweaty/dirty, or can go an extra day if I haven't been doing much. We bath the kids generally every other day also, with the same guidelines, if they get dirty we wash them, if their not too dirty and we are too tired, we wait an extra day. We all have dry skin, so try not to bathe too much.

And I can't stand to shower without washing my hair. I guess I could get a shower cap, but if my hair gets wet in the shower, I have to wash it.

BostonBanker

I've tried the baby powder thing, and it didn't seem to do a darn thing for me. I've tried it a few times over the years, sometimes when I've been in a pinch (no hot water or something), sometimes just because someone talked me into it. I've never seen my hair get less greasy from it. I have dark hair and light skin and if my hair isn't clean, it looks horrid pulled back.

Like I said, I can't stand going a full day without showering anyway, so a quick hair wash isn't a hassle to me.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Typically every other day. If I shower after one day, it is just a quick body wash. I just tie my hair up in a sloppy bun and don't dunk it under the water. Every other day I wash my hair/condition/shave. If I go any longer than 48 hours I start to feel gross and my hair gets oily. Not to mention my unshavenness starts to drive me bonkers.

milos_mommy

I don't know how people have trouble not getting their hair wet in the shower. I don't wear a shower cap, I just pull it into a bun on top of my head. Idk if it's because I'm so tall, maybe? The water hits my upper back, the back of my neck if I lean back, I just keep my head out from under the water.

Members online

No members online now.