Dog "breeds" you hate to love

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I love puggles too. Like really love them. I have no reason to, I would never own a beagle or a pug. But puggles...

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Mmmm nasty little Chihuahaus - not normal ones, but the bad ones! I know they're little assholes but I can't help but chuckle at them!

Other than that... pugs and Frenchies. They're both terrible choices for me and my lifestyle but I think they're both freaking hilarious. Pugs are always so happy go lucky and snorting away, and Frenchies think they're little badasses bahaha. I really do just love them even though I should never and will never own one.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Goldendoodles for sure.
I've never met one that wasn't a total lovebug. and I love the fluffy soft coat!

but I do NOT understand why an average reputable breeder of these dogs charge so much. I mean, health testing and breeding is expensive.. but other breeders do that, show their dogs etc.. and don't charge $3000+ per pup.

Oh and Tamaskan dogs. Saw one at the park here in London and what a BEAUTIFUL dog. Know nothing about them though. And I don't appreciate the shedding that usually comes along with these kinds of breeds

French bulldogs. I think they are hilarious and cute! but I don't like smushed noses :/ I run too much/am too active and it's just too hot in Miami.

Oh but of course.. who DIDN'T want a dalmatian after this movie came out? lol I really pictured myself walking in London with my dal with a red collar.

Temperaments sadly are all wrong for me :/ but I still have a special love/hate thing with them lol

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I usually am not a fan of toy breeds at all, and I like my crazy high drive dogs with attitude, but there is something that I absolutely adore about every Cav I have met. They're just so happy and loveable, and that cute puppy face....

JacksonsMom

I love puggles too. Like really love them. I have no reason to, I would never own a beagle or a pug. But puggles...
I agree... not ever interested in pugs or beagles, but OMG...

this:

Every one I've ever met tho is REALLY dumb lol. Sooo super sweet, but just SO darn goofy, I love it but could never live with it.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Puggles yuck, but I do love me some Pomeranians. Last weekend one became attached to Teagans while we were at the beach. I was ready to steal it if the owners did not show up. But this dog was awesome. Playing in the water. Teagan tried to get rid of it, but it was not having any of that.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Filas and GSDs. Filas because... well, ojeriza, and GSDs because HAIR EVERYWHERE.

Locke

I will be shunned from the poodle community, but I really like doodles, especially aussie doodles and mini doodles. I would love to rescue one someday.

I also love long haired chis and teeny-tiny poms.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Ever seen a Pomapoo....OMG!!!!! CUTEST THINGS EVER!!! I've groomed several of them and they are the sweetest and cutest little dogs......and I HATE Poms!!!

Dekka

Just try me..
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I usually am not a fan of toy breeds at all, and I like my crazy high drive dogs with attitude, but there is something that I absolutely adore about every Cav I have met. They're just so happy and loveable, and that cute puppy face....
FWIW I dont' know if its specific lines or what not.. I was at an agility trial last month and OMG the fast drivey cute little cavs! There were 2 of them. One was really quite speedy and impressive.

FWIW I dont' know if its specific lines or what not.. I was at an agility trial last month and OMG the fast drivey cute little cavs! There were 2 of them. One was really quite speedy and impressive.
Ah! Really? I've only met them in lazy pet homes, I would love to see some doing agility!

Like Laurelin mentioned though, I don't know if it's even possible anymore to find lines without major health issues.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
There's a breeder near me that seems to produce some pretty drivey little cavs that do great in agility. Some other cavs, not so much.

Doberluv

A good Labradoodle. But I don't hate them at all. I just wouldn't go for anything that big or hairy I don't think...not now. I use to have and like bigger dogs, but in my old age (lol) I am partial to little dogs. But I love both those breeds and the combination does make sense to me. Or a Goldendoodle...

YodelDogs

I admit it. I love many of the crossbreeds (aka "designer dogs" or "hybrids"). There is just something about the small fluffy or scruffy dogs I adore.

Morkie (Maltese x Yorkie)

Porkie (Pom x Yorkie)

Maltipom (Maltese x Pom)

Malchi (Maltese x Chi)

and many more!

Members online

No members online now.