pit bull attack in kingman arizona ( where i live )

azcowgirl

this morning my dad called and told me he heard that there was a pitbull attack here in kingman az and i said hm... maybe not... well anyways i came home from school and just a few mins ago i was thinking of looking for the news paper to see if it was true well guess what it was i heard people thinking of banning pitbulls here but if they do :( ill be sad well anyways heres what the news paper said

Woman charged with endangerment

KINGMAN- Mohave County Sheriff's deputies arrested Tina Marie Lamson, 33, of Kingman on Friday on a felony charge of endangerment.
Deputies responded to Kingman Regional Medical Center where a 58 year old woman was being treated after being attacked by dogs in the 4200 block of Castle Rock Road, a news release from the MCSO stated.
The victim stated she was walking down the road when three pit bulls attacked, biting her several times before running off. The victim had bite wounds to the thigh and face and was taken to Lake Havasu Regional Medical Center for surgery to repair the wounds.
Deputies located Lamson, owner of the dogs. After questioning she was booked into Mohave County Jail.
Mohave County Animal Control responded, took the dogs into costudy and placed them under quarantine.

Thats all of it but when my mom heard all of that she got nerves because of tigre...

bubbatd

Your pitty is still a puppy ....just make sure it's socialized well and get a CGC...it's all in the training and what you make it into at this point.

R

rottiegirl

Quite a few people here in Arizona have pit bulls. But I didnt hear about an attack until now.

durvish

Bad dogs aren't breed, they are made by bad owners.
Be a good owner and trainer and you will have the sweetest dog ever! ( besides my two! lol ).

Amstaffer

durvish said:
Bad dogs aren't breed, they are made by bad owners.
Be a good owner and trainer and you will have the sweetest dog ever! ( besides my two! lol ).
Yep Durvishis right on.....No worries if you are a good owner.

More to the point, don't let your dog run loose. No matter how well-trained and socialized, adult dogs are mature predators. Owners have to be around to supervise and restrain them when they get bad ideas like rushing, attacking or killing other animals or people. The situation worsens when there's more than one dog, of course, but even a sole dog can be brutally effective in hurting or killing another creature. Training will not prevent a dog from being dangerously aggressive - it's only a tool to allow the owner to control and handle the dog. It only works if the owner is present and in physical contact (for that second condition, I'll agree to exceptions made for exceptionally well-trained dogs, but they are rare, and much rarer than most owners believe). If the dog is loose, the dog's training will not matter.

Amstaffer

casablanca1 said:
If the dog is loose, the dog's training will not matter.
First of all, I totally agree, your dog should never run free and should be supervised no matter what breed you have.......however on training mattering when you aren't present, I disagree in some ways. How you socialize (which is a type of training in a way) your dog will affect them for the rest of their life, whether you are there or not. Other training like potty training also sticks with dogs regardless of you presents. Just my 2 cents.

And I say again....Never let your dog loose and unsupervised! Also remember Pit Bulls are one of the most stolen dogs, so don't forget that.

Amstaffer said:
First of all, I totally agree, your dog should never run free and should be supervised no matter what breed you have.......however on training mattering when you aren't present, I disagree in some ways. How you socialize (which is a type of training in a way) your dog will affect them for the rest of their life, whether you are there or not. Other training like potty training also sticks with dogs regardless of you presents. Just my 2 cents.
I think too many people rely too heavily on the idea of socialization as a means to remake problem dogs and that too people many allow themselves to believe their dog is well-trained because he plays well with others at the dog park. Socialization makes a dog accustomed to various situations; it doesn't make him like them, enjoy them or behave well in them. A well-socialized dog can be worse than a poorly socialized dog. He's accustomed to a variety of situations, animals and people, and if he happens to be dominant-aggressive or fear-aggressive, his impulses are unrestrained by the caution of novelty.

Amstaffer

casablanca1 said:
I think too many people rely too heavily on the idea of socialization as a means to remake problem dogs and that too people many allow themselves to believe their dog is well-trained because he plays well with others at the dog park. Socialization makes a dog accustomed to various situations; it doesn't make him like them, enjoy them or behave well in them. A well-socialized dog can be worse than a poorly socialized dog. He's accustomed to a variety of situations, animals and people, and if he happens to be dominant-aggressive or fear-aggressive, his impulses are unrestrained by the caution of novelty.
It has been my experience in everything I have done and seen that 99% of dogs who are socialized correctly are just fine. But you should always supervise you dog...period!

Members online

No members online now.