I lost my BFF this weekend...

Mach1girl

Sadie has passed. She was capable of more love and devotion then any of my dogs. She brought me 5 1/2 years of joy, and I will never understand why things happen the way that they do. I just posted pics of her last week....RIP Sadie, I am so sorry girl.

Friday night she vomited. I heard her and got up to clean it up. She still seemed "ok", she felt sorry for throwing up on my floor. But I told her it was ok. I opened the front door a bit and left her downstairs, this way she could go outside if she had to throw up again.

Being the good girl that she was, she I assume didnt realize she was allowed outside if we were in bed, and threw up once more in front of the door. The next morning, I cleaned it up. She sat with me, legs crossed as always (she was very lady like) I gave her a cracker and hung out with her for awhile.

Having 7 dogs, someone is always puking or pooing or something. I decided to go to town to get her some rice. Where I live, the vets arent open on the weekends. I was gonna feed her rice, and see how she does. She had only vomited twice thus far, and hours apart.

When I came home, she had died in her crate, propped up waiting for me.
How does this happen?

I took her in for an emergency necropsy to make sure she wasnt contagious with anything. The vet found a small acorn obstruction. I have the acorn. KILLS ME!!!

If I were home, I would have noticed her going into shock and maybe could have rescued her. I let her down... I didn't know. She wasnt the type to eat crap. Zeus and Jasper eat acorns as a regular snack, all day every day.

This sucks and I hate myself.....

momto8

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

We have acorn tree's here and it scares me every year that they drop :(

Mach1girl

I just did some reading on obstructions. She had NO symptoms prior. Her belly wasnt hard, I know this because she was in my lap that very night that she vomited, on her back and I was rubbing it. She ate. She ran & played, I have a cut and bruise on my thigh still from her excitement when I got home Friday, to see me and to eat. How did it happen so fast???

Maxy24

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

When Tucker came up to visit me at school he was eating acorns like it was his job, I can't imagine if they were all over our yard at home. I'm also shocked at how quickly she went, you didn't even have a chance to know there was something really wrong, dogs just get upset stomachs sometimes, two vomits certainly wouldn't have had me running to the vet. It's scary knowing how easily we can loose them.

RIP Sadie.

Doberluv

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can totally see how one could miss that. Dogs do throw up here and there, sometimes several times in one day due to something that simply doesn't agree with them...nothing serious. If she didn't show signs of bad pain or other signs of a blockage, how could you possibly know? Don't blame yourself. That won't help. These things and other kinds of things happen to many people and their pets. You can't expect yourself to recognize something like that. I'm just so very sorry for your losing Sadie.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh my God. =< I'm so sorry. (((((HUGS))))) I agree... a couple of pukes wouldn't have me worried either. I'm stunned and just so sorry.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh I am so sorry! :( I would've done the same thin as you. Mia pukes every now and then and I think nothing of it if she seems fine afterwards.

(((((Hugs)))))) Please try not to beat yourself up about it.

((((((((HUGS)))))))) There's no way I would have jumped from vomiting like that to *life threatening emergency* either. The acorn explanation doesn't really . . .

(((((((MOREHUGS)))))))) Sometimes awful things just happen; we can't stop them, we can't fix them.

But you know Sadie won't go far.

Red.Apricot

I'm so sorry this happened. There was nothing you could have done differently, and most people would have done exactly the same--I've done exactly the same many times.

((hugs))

Fran27

Oh gosh I'm sorry. It's not your fault, you could never have guessed just from two pukes... and probably wouldn't have been able to do anything in time if you had stayed home either.

RIP Sadie...

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
OMG, I am so so sorry for your loss. Even with three dogs.. One pukes often enough I clean it up and life goes on..

Members online