People make me laugh with the things they say

I should've said I've never seen my dogs roll around in anything. My dogs do lick their privates. However, going by that standard humans are pretty gross too because they lick... well, do I really need to go there? :lol-sign: I shouldn't allow humans in my house either. lol

Catsi

Lol, people are funny. I've never quite understood how people think it's polite to comment on the neatness or lack thereof of someone's house. My house is ok. I'm not into cleaning 24/7 and it does looked 'lived in' but I don't live in squalor either. The humans are messier than the dogs. Dog hair doesn't bother me much at all to be honest.

I personally dislike stark, sterile houses but I'd not say so when I'm standing in someone's stark, sterile house - that would be rude.

I've had a few people comment about the dogs sleeping in the bed. Meh. It's not hurting you and I'm not asking you to sleep with them. I'm healthy, they're healthy. It doesn't negatively effect their well-being, and it sure has hell has a positive effect on mine. So I'll just keep on having them in the bed, thank you very much.

Just as an aside, my car on the other hand should probably be burned. ;) Ok, it's maybe not quite that bad, but I do feel a bit embarrassed when I have to unexpectedly pick someone up... there is just soooo much... stuff in there. Mostly dog stuff. It's like a second bedroom for me. And shoes. And dirt and sand. I would truly like to try and keep a cleaner car.

Toller_08

Nobody has ever really said anything about the condition of our house/what condition it must be in. We are clean people and try our best to keep on top of the dirt and hair that dogs do create. I hate having a doggy smelling house, so I try to make sure that doesn't happen. Right now Ripley does have a skin thing going on that makes him smell rather doggy and it's embarassing when people come over (not sure if they notice or not), but even so, my house is clean and tidy, the dogs are fed good food and are bathed/groomed, the yard is constantly kept clean, etc. So if people complain, well, that'd be pretty rude. But like I said, nobody has ever said anything. Even though I'm sure some non-dog relatives have thought we must live disgustingly.

I did get a comment on the train a few weeks ago though about how gross dogs were and that I shouldn't have filthy creatures in public. They were just being obnoxious so I sternly told them to knock it off and told them that my dogs were obviously well groomed and are just sitting politely waiting for our turn to get off and that I didn't appreciate their comments.

Dogs certainly do gross things and do create dirt to an extent, but to be honest, I've met and known people who are far dirtier than any dog I've ever been around.

I would far rather eat after my dogs than after most people.

. . . Not that I make it a habit to do either, lol.

Okay, well, I do let Kharma have a few drinks of my coffee. I haven't been sick a single day in all the years she's been doing it :eek:

.... Humans poop in the house. Unless there's an outhouse on premises. :rofl1:
My point exactly!

(This actually comes from an acquaintance of mine who, when someone told her he didn't like cats because "they crap in the house", asked him "Don't YOU?" Shut him right up. :D)

Members online

No members online now.