Chuck-it? Small ball, long handle?? (for ppl that work in pet stores)

Michiyo-Fir

Do you guys still carry the chuck it with a small sized ball but a long handle??

I bought mine about 2 years ago for Nia and it's starting to get pretty worn out by dogs and kids playing with it and I want a new one but all the ones I can find with the small ball are short handled ones.

Mine is kind of like this but in pink.

But I can only find these now??

I really need the long one because I literally throw it as far as I possibly can for Nia, the short one doesn't throw very far.

Edit: Mine is a 20 inch handle.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Ahhhh just throw it! :p I'm kidding.

I would just throw it, but I play softball. I out threw a chuckit once.

Michiyo-Fir

LOL I can't throw very well. But this thing's awesome! It throws 3/4 the length of a football field and that's how we play fetch. Makes her run a LOT more!

Especially with the little balls. If you really try to hurl one, the shoulder damage... (my shoulder is bad from a high stakes game of wiffle ball). You shouldn't be able to out throw a chuckit, if you're the one throwing both ;)

Michiyo-Fir

I did this afternoon actually. They said they stopped making it :( I'm now trying to find a store or online store that has old stock because I really hate the new ones. They're puny and don't throw far at all, practically useless.

Michiyo-Fir

Thanks a lot! I've never seen or heard of that before. If I really can't find the Chuckit I want and mine breaks then I might try this one.

JacksonsMom

I believe Kong makes one, too, where it fits both regular sized and small tennis balls, you can adjust it.... but come to think of it, haven't seen/noticed it in the pet store lately.

Most people don't want their toy dogs going more than 30 feet from them anyway. Now way she can bring a normal tennis ball back? What if you smacked the small ones with a tennis racket?

And, how exactly, do you wear out a chuckit?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I really need a longer one too. Ours is good but it's short and I can throw the ball about the same length without a chuckit.

Teal

...ice road...
I tried to use my friend's longer one, and nearly hurt myself with it! I can throw just as far with the short ones, so I stick with those lol

For the record, mine has looked like it's going to break for probably the past year and it's still holding up... so you might be safe!

Michiyo-Fir

I think it's the shorter one now too because they have one new picture of the shorter one (new version) and one picture of the older version..all the places I've emailed and asked said they only have the new short version left @_@

Edit: This is a comment on the Amazon page

"One of the pictures is correct but the other is of the smaller chuck-it launcher (13"). In the description it indicates the launcher is 21" long (which is what I was looking for). I received a 13" launcher. I have just contacted the seller for next steps. Very annoyed."

Mine still works though. I hope it doesn't ever break otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do!! I really hope Chuckit brings their longer ones back because I absolutely love mine, it's the best thing on earth but it's not fair that small dogs have to use the tiny one that doesn't throw far while the regular sized ball has like 4 different versions with different lengths!

Members online

No members online now.