Question about leaving a puppy alone

bon143bon

Can I leave my 7 wk old puppy with other dogs durning the day if she has only had her 1st set of shots ? ?
My mom dogs have all had their shots and are mostly in door dogs. I am worried about my puppy when i go to work, she cries and cries when i leave her

CoyCoyote

Happy tails ahoy
Crate the puppy please. Its not so much about shots than it is about three thousand other things.

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I'm not quite sure what your situation is. Will your mom be home all day to watch the puppy as well as her own dogs, or are you wanting to just leave all of the dogs alone together?

Yes, she can be around your mother's dogs if they have been vaccinated. Just don't take her to any pet stores or parks or something where un-vaccinated dogs may be or may have been. But if there is not going to be anyone home to supervise, then I recommend a crate or puppy pen to confine the puppy while she is alone.

K

Kela

Her dogs probably have the run of the house and a little puppy that age should not. The puppy should be confined to a small area if someone is around, and a crate if nobody is.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
definitely crate her. She's so little and left unsupervised she could get hurt by one of the other dogs even if not on purpose or she could get into something else... Like Coy said... there's a ton of reasons why you shouldn't leave her unattended with the other dogs... not yet anyways.

Please crate or confine her to her own room! If she's lonely perhaps you can set up a high enough gate that she can see the other dogs but they can't get to her. If that's not possible then leaving a TV or radio on while she must be alone will comfort her as she will be able to hear human voices. But it really is too dangerous to leave a 7 week old puppy unsupervised with other adult dogs, no matter how nice the other dogs.

7-week old puppies don't yet have any social skills with older dogs. If she does anything that angers one of the adult dogs you could possibly have a tragedy on your hands. Even if you're absolutely sure the adult dogs wouldn't hurt her out of anger, they could still inadvertantly hurt her by rough play or by stepping/sitting on her by mistake. Just too many things can happen.

Tasha13

Umm......You really need to have her in a crate....If you havent started crate training yet you have to its the best thing for you and the dog......As for the Other dogs....as other people have said your mothers dogs probably have run of the house And not only should the pup not have run of it either but you dont know how the other dogs are going to react to a brand new puppy being around......Somtimes older dogs will take advantage of younger dogs/pups....So please be careful.

Members online

No members online now.