Dog Takes #11 Bus...Let Vacation Begin

Bofinger

Bo (woof) In Commentary:

I’ve heard about these things owners call vacations. Typically they’re long road trips to coastal towns for fun and sun. For me, it means having to put up with either an obnoxious dog sitter or raucous cage neighbors at the local kennel. It’s not a lot of fun.

That’s why I like this story about Hike, a border collie, taking the vacationing thing into his own paws and heading off for a little seaside get away.

A missing border collie was reunited with his owner after catching a bus to the seaside more than 20 miles away.

Worried owner Emma Ward printed posters and contacted dog wardens, unaware Hike was on the number 11 Arriva bus near her home in Connah’s Quay, Flintshire.

But four-year-old Hike was discovered 40 stops later under a seat after making the 23m (37km) journey to the coastal resort of Rhyl in Denbighshire.

Under the seat, huh. Apparently Hike wanted a vacation but didn’t have the means to pay for it.

Ms Ward said: “I was over the moon to get him back.â€

Must be Ms. Ward is an astronaut. For you pups out there too young to remember, the first astronaut was actually a dog, Laika. No not Luka, that’s the lady that lives on the second floor.

She added: “I live in between two pubs and there’s an alleyway which I let Hike go out into.

“Everyone round here knows him and he’s always somewhere close by, just doing his own thing. He always comes back when I whistle him. But this time he didn’t come back and I knew something was wrong.â€

She also contacted the dog rescue home where she spotted Hike two years ago, and alerted local dog wardens.

“I had phoned everyone, including the vets in case he had been knocked down. But then the call came from a dog warden to say he was absolutely fine and had got the bus to Rhyl.

“I was so relieved to see him. But when I got there to pick him up, he was playing ball with the driver - he didn’t have a care in the world.â€

Of course not, he was still on vacation. I suspect however the growing knot in his stomach signaled the end of his time off was near.
(For all your dog bloggin needs, www.boknowsonline.com)

Staff online

Members online