The Venting Thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
What's wrong with doggy slings? It IMHO is better then say, tying her outside or driving the car which is as Mandy said ... Not good for her of the environment, I think the slings are ok, but the purse-thing is a little much IMO but some people like them which is why I suggested them.
it's not that there is anything wrong with doggy slings in general. the issue is the library seems to have a no pet policy so whether she is in a sling or on a leash is besides the point as she's still a pet and not allowed in :) So it's not the actual sling that is the issue :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
it's not that there is anything wrong with doggy slings in general. the issue is the library seems to have a no pet policy so whether she is in a sling or on a leash is besides the point as she's still a pet and not allowed in :) So it's not the actual sling that is the issue :)
OIC see at most places here (excluding one that serve food) there is a loophole that as long as the dog is not "touching the ground" then dog owners could get away with it.

I wish more stores would follow Home Depot & TSC's example & allow pets in, I mean they allow children in (this is not a jab at children or parents, this is just an example of a kind of double standard) but not dogs, it sucks because dogs in general are better behaved then most people's children that I see :(. If the dog is causing problems the manager can always ask them to leave but why should that say "well some people don't train their dogs so all dogs aren't allowed " it's kind of a blanket statement.

Red.Apricot

If someone I live with and love very much's work calls and asks if he can teleport ONE MORE TIME I'm going to lose it.

No, he can't make it to work by 1:30 today when you call at 1:29. OMG BAD EMPLOYEE RIGHT. NO. HE GETS MINIMUM WAGE. HE IS NOT ON CALL. STOP STOP STOP.

HE IS NOT PSYCHIC. HE IS NOT MAGIC. IF HE WERE, YOU'D BE PAYING HIM MORE THAN $8/hr.

STOP STIFFING HIM. WHEN YOU CALL HIM FOR A 4 HOUR SHIFT, HE GETS PAID FOR 4 HOURS. SENDING HIM HOME AFTER 1 IS NOT OKAY.

I. am. livid.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
If someone I live with and love very much's work calls and asks if he can teleport ONE MORE TIME I'm going to lose it.

No, he can't make it to work by 1:30 today when you call at 1:29. OMG BAD EMPLOYEE RIGHT. NO. HE GETS MINIMUM WAGE. HE IS NOT ON CALL. STOP STOP STOP.

HE IS NOT PSYCHIC. HE IS NOT MAGIC. IF HE WERE, YOU'D BE PAYING HIM MORE THAN $8/hr.

STOP STIFFING HIM. WHEN YOU CALL HIM FOR A 4 HOUR SHIFT, HE GETS PAID FOR 4 HOURS. SENDING HIM HOME AFTER 1 IS NOT OKAY.

I. am. livid.
Huh? Teleport? I don't understand?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
OIC see at most places here (excluding one that serve food) there is a loophole that as long as the dog is not "touching the ground" then dog owners could get away with it.

I wish more stores would follow Home Depot & TSC's example & allow pets in, I mean they allow children in (this is not a jab at children or parents, this is just an example of a kind of double standard) but not dogs, it sucks because dogs in general are better behaved then most people's children that I see :(. If the dog is causing problems the manager can always ask them to leave but why should that say "well some people don't train their dogs so all dogs aren't allowed " it's kind of a blanket statement.

I think it's more of an allergy issue rather than a behavioural issue. while many people don't like children they won't suffer from hives, asthma, or other allergic reactions from being around them lol.

Huh? Teleport? I don't understand?
I think she's being sarcastic. they called at 1:29 to have him come in for 1:30. u nless he lives upstairs they only possible way that could happen is teleportation lol and IF they have figured teleportation out they should be billionaires and pay more than $8/hr LOL

Red.Apricot

I think she's being sarcastic. they called at 1:29 to have him come in for 1:30. u nless he lives upstairs they only possible way that could happen is teleportation lol and IF they have figured teleportation out they should be billionaires and pay more than $8/hr LOL
Yeah, I was.

We live ~30 minutes away. The only reason he's holding on is that it's much easier to find work if you have a job, so... I'm so over this. Plus we have plans, so it's not like he can go in today ANYWAY, but asking if he can drive that far in one minute (never mind getting dressed and cleaned up and getting his supplies together) is just...

Because of course now he's all stressed out because neither of us is really in a position to turn down work unless we have to, but it's just not possible and ugh.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
They called him at 1:29 asking if he could make it there by 1:30.

No, he can't.
OH now I get it lol, yeah my mother is a substitute teacher ... They do that to her all the time even though she has it written in her deal that she lives an hr out of SA :/. They always call her & at such & such time asking if she can be there 15 minutes from the time hey quoted ... Huh??? Lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I think it's more of an allergy issue rather than a behavioural issue. while many people don't like children they won't suffer from hives, asthma, or other allergic reactions from being around them lol.

I should be more exact ... I do not like children who misbehave lol, the well behaved kids are NP, for me & I know there are. Lot of them too, so let me clarify ... It's not ALL kids just the ones who aren't reined in by their parents.

Yeah I kind of got it after I posted lol, I guess I misread her post lol. Sorry.

tzigane

So. Much. To. Do. Ugh!

On the other hand, at least this snicker doodle hummus I made to go with chocolate pita chips for dinner is pretty rockin'.

joce

To my friends for twenty minutes to take her kid who had surgery some toys= stomach virus for me this weekend.

And at the worst of it Byron also has some issue of his own I had to clean up and he smeared it everywhere. Like he tried to dance in it. Ahhhhh. The smell is still in my nose! The dogs don't like to poop outside while its cold. Sorry guys I don't control the weather!!!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
To my friends for twenty minutes to take her kid who had surgery some toys= stomach virus for me this weekend.

And at the worst of it Byron also has some issue of his own I had to clean up and he smeared it everywhere. Like he tried to dance in it. Ahhhhh. The smell is still in my nose! The dogs don't like to poop outside while its cold. Sorry guys I don't control the weather!!!
I read that thinking Byron was the SO. It was hilarious, then absolutely disgusting, then it clicked in :p

Saeleofu

On the one hand, sometimes I just want to post in big HUGE letters that I'm autistic and have issues because of it, and for people to get the heck over it. Because I haven't even told most of my family when I got diagnosed. I actually haven't even told them I was going to see a dr.
I never told anyone when I went to a doctor, either. My mom didn't accept that I was autistic until 6 months after I was diagnosed. But by now, pretty much everyone knows I'm autisitc. They just don't understand how much it affects me, because they only see me for a few hours a week. Even at home, I tend to hide out in my room when it gets bad.

ETA: I did it. We'll see what happens.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
What does a service dog do for an autistic person? I'm sure there is plenty (if only even making socializing easier) but I just have never heard of autism leading to service dogs! I'm not asking with rude intentions at all, I am genuinely curious!

Saeleofu

What does a service dog do for an autistic person? I'm sure there is plenty (if only even making socializing easier) but I just have never heard of autism leading to service dogs! I'm not asking with rude intentions at all, I am genuinely curious!
Mostly, he's for sensory processing issues. He does some guide work, balance work, and signal work. He'll tell me if I'm doing certain "stims" because there stims mean I'm either "stuck" or headed for sensory shutdown, and as long as I notice them I can react appropriately and if not postpone it, at least get somewhere where I can recover more easily. He stops at any street crossing, including crossing from a parking lot to the store and back. He find the car, entrances, exits, bathrooms, home, and follows routes to get to classes. He also does some deep pressure tasks, though I don't often need those in public and at home Gavroche is better at them. That said, every autism SD will probably do something different, because autism affects everyone differently.

Autism "service dogs" for kids are being popular, but 99% of the time it's done improperly - tie the kid to a dog and all your problems are solved, right? :rolleyes: I have seen it done well, but it's super rare. And there are very, very few places that will train an autism dog for an adult, because most places that "train" autism dogs don't actually train them, they just tie small children to them. But that could have a whole vent thread on its own :eek:

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Mostly, he's for sensory processing issues. He does some guide work, balance work, and signal work. He'll tell me if I'm doing certain "stims" because there stims mean I'm either "stuck" or headed for sensory shutdown, and as long as I notice them I can react appropriately and if not postpone it, at least get somewhere where I can recover more easily. He stops at any street crossing, including crossing from a parking lot to the store and back. He find the car, entrances, exits, bathrooms, home, and follows routes to get to classes. He also does some deep pressure tasks, though I don't often need those in public and at home Gavroche is better at them. That said, every autism SD will probably do something different, because autism affects everyone differently.

Autism "service dogs" for kids are being popular, but 99% of the time it's done improperly - tie the kid to a dog and all your problems are solved, right? :rolleyes: I have seen it done well, but it's super rare. And there are very, very few places that will train an autism dog for an adult, because most places that "train" autism dogs don't actually train them, they just tie small children to them. But that could have a whole vent thread on its own :eek:
That's very interesting! Thanks for not getting defensive about my question.
I have seen kids with autism with dogs but I thought it was just like dogs they already owned& the kids bonded. I had no idea they were specifically trained because they didn't appear to be doing anything other than remaining calm ..although, owning a V I do consider a dog remaining calm to be a minor miracle ;)

Members online

No members online now.