1/52 weeks of technical and conceptual photo challenges

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Okay gang, this week we're starting with something conceptual and introductory.

Your challenge this week is:

Who are you? Describe yourself to the best of your ability with a photo that doesn't include your face.

The goal is interest, the assignment requires you to shoot this image in Manual mode. You may use either priority mode but I highly recommend you dive in.

You may or may not use your dogs in this challenge, this week in particular is very open by way of subject and more of a practice week for working your mind and practicing those skills.

You can take as many shots as you would like and you can edit images in production.

When you are finished you'll post the final product here. You'll post 1 final image. In some weeks this number will change and allow for up to 5 images per project but one of the challenges of being a photographer is looking at your work and deciding just what is the best image you've created so we'll have limits.

Good luck guys, have fun and I'll be participating as well. If you have any questions at all, be it technical or conceptual, please feel free to ask.

These are the times where I wish my dog wasn't scared of cameras, ahaha.

I'm unsure whether or not I'll do this one, but I'll try. :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
These are the times where I wish my dog wasn't scared of cameras, ahaha.

I'm unsure whether or not I'll do this one, but I'll try. :)
Give it a shot!

I was asked if those without DSLRs can participate and the answer is yes. There will be several weeks that you'll be unable to achieve the goal without a manual mode camera but there will also be several weeks that focus more on concept, like this, and for those any camera will work.

However, those of you with DSLR are stuck, if you have the ability to shoot in manual, do it. ;)

Saeleofu

Hmmmmmmmmmm...I just discovered my camera does indeed have a manual setting. It doesn't have manual focus (unfortunately...I rather dislike its autofocus as it never focuses on what *I* want it to focus on), but all the other settings can be changed manually. I may play around with it a bit and see what happens :)

FG167

Yay! I am super excited! Plus, I know what I want my pic to be of! :D However, it will entail me using my tripod and remote that I've never used...should be interesting haha

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Been wanting to learn to shoot manual better so this'll be fun, I've made it a resolution to only shoot in manual this year!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I will try this, but I only have a camera phone, and while some settings can be manipulated, not all of them can, so it'll be sporadically. I will definitely attempt this first one though!

Taqroy

I really want to do this but I have NO IDEA what to do for a photo. I'm awful at describing myself in words, let alone in a single picture. *flail*

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I think I have a good idea for this.. although there'll be a decent sized back story in order for it to make sense.

Red Chrome

This one is going to be hard, definitely forcing me to think outside of the box.

Members online

No members online now.